cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR4 Aus Pricing

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Just had a look at PC Case Gear's website and I have to say i'm actually very surprised that the prices are this low, OK yes, costs more than DDR3...but to be perfectly honest, I expected the 1st prices to be double what they are.

And hey, us Aussies get pretty well screwed over with pricing, so this is actually pretty damn good to see.....anyone got pics for pricing in other parts of the world?

:cool:
15 REPLIES 15

Menthol
Level 14
I'm liking the 3000mhz stuff

Menthol
Level 14
These say add to cart, so in stock?

I'm feeling rather lucky, no negative vibes here

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
They shouldn't be up for sale yet, X99 and DDR4 aren't supposed to be available til the 29th

X-ROG
Level 15
If you are lucky enough to see 3GHz stuff and want to OC on X99 then BUY IT. Availability is few and far between. Some markets are price gouging first batches given high demand to very low stock, but price should come down as we go into Q4.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
If you are lucky enough to see 3GHz stuff and want to OC on X99 then BUY IT. Availability is few and far between. Some markets are price gouging first batches given high demand to very low stock, but price should come down as we go into Q4.

Ahahahahahahaha!!!! "price gouging" happens all year round in Aus 😛

It does seem like gouging but actually,like Marshall said,lack of supply.

Intel brought out Haswell E early and the suppliers have not ramped up for DDR4.

Maximum PC had Kingston on their No BS Podcast and said the samething that you have to take into account

for all the Ram used for mobile products like tablets and smartphones (where the money and volume is at)

this leaves DDR4 on the backshelf

Today there are only 3 major suppliers of memory,Samsung,Hynix and Elpida

8 years ago there were 10 and 20 years back 50 suppliers

Kingston also estimate that the time for discounted DDR4 could be as much a 1-2 more years

About the same transition between DDR2 to DDR3 as DDR3 is to DDR4

Link for Maximum PC Podcast

http://youtu.be/Npe3-k8iSUw

Just saying

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Ahahahahahahaha!!!! "price gouging" happens all year round in Aus 😛

Same here!!

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
They shouldn't be up for sale yet, X99 and DDR4 aren't supposed to be available til the 29th

We have some here already for sale (don't like them naked):
http://www.landmarkpc.co.za/store/ddr4-memory-ddr4-2133-c-1171_17_21_1348_1349.html?osCsid=ckl4dnmjd...

Menthol
Level 14