cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding real bench score

Mtiefenberg
Level 7
Hey guys

Was wondering if my score of 81117 is worth anything considering there are tons of people with, on paper better rigs, that are ranked lower and on paper worse rigs, ranked higher than my rig.

My rig looks as follows

Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White case with 2 Corsair SP120's and 3 Corsair AF 120's (all PE)
Core I7 4790K @ 4.6Ghz (Oc'd via Ai suite3)
Corsair H105 Cpu Cooler with Corsair SP120 PE's instead of stock fans
Maximus VII Hero Z97
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 8gb. Single channel 1630Mhz. CL8 (Oc'd via Ai suite3) (to be replaced with a 16gb Kit also tactical tracers 1600 CL8)
XFX Core Edition 650W 80+ PSU
Asus Directcu ii Gtx 760 (Oc'd via GPU-tweak @ 1130MHZ GPU Boost and 6200Mhz Memory) (to be replaced by Directcu ii gtx 780)
Samsung 840 Evo 250Gb SSD

Well as to how my rig feels... It is quite awesome for now... hehe albeit the lack of memory bugs me. And the GTX 760 really is pouring sweat in games. Wich again is the reason why these 2 will be replaced/upgraded in a weeks time.

Temperatures never reach higher than 65 degrees celsius on the cpu and 68 on the GPU at roughly 20 degrees ambient. I am quite happy with that. But the relatively low temps also make me wonder if i could push the system higher oc'ing. Thus getting a higher bench score. For now i have just used Ai suite 3 to auto oc the cpu. Reaching roughly 4.6ghz @ 3.28V that way i am wondering if i could push further manually. Also the memory should be tweakable. CL8 is nice but isn't raw speed in Mhz not > to timings these days?

Well a lot of questions but... I hope you guys sort of know what i mean and some of you might be able to help out.

I would love to push to 90k scores, but have no clue if that is even possible with my current setup. Just by tweaking that is.

Regards

Marcus
1 REPLY 1

randyenergy
Level 10
There are many factors that can cause the problem and I'm sure someone will be more specific in helping you.
Having said that, I would recommend replacing your PSU for a 850/860W. Don't even consider getting the 780 before you replace the PSU.
Most people don't OC via Ai suite III. They do it in Bios.
And head to the "Tips and Tweaks" topic here under RealBench.