cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q - OSD buttons not working

zambalek80
Level 7
Dear all

I got the monitor today and hooked it up quickly over lunch break.
On first glance it is a beauty, well built and has a flawless pixel status as well as excellent image quality. But I'm pampered now - after it replacing a 13-year old 17 inch monitor.

Minor issues include some smudges on the panel (as if someone cleaned it off with a dirty cloth) and a very vague dis-uniformity in brightness distribution. I'll tackle these issues tonight after I get back from work.

However, here is the real issue I have faced:
the OSD button either doesn't work or is very peculiar in how it works. I am talking about the top most button, which brings up the OSD menu (the 4-way thumbstick that is).
At first, whenever I pushed it, it kept bringing up the Light-in-motion menu (with the options "on" and "off"). However I cannot move up and down or select - only the back button works (pushing the thumbstick to the left when facing the monitor).
After uninstalling the driver and restarting the OSD-menu does come up now. However I am still not able to navigate the menu (pushing and moving the thumbstick up, down and right), only exiting works (moving the thumbstick to the left).

Pushing the turbo buttons also only brings up a menu showing me 60Hz. Cannot cycle through the other modes.

The other three buttons work fine (cancel, gameplus and power).

Of course I didn't have enough time to dwell into it any further over lunch break. So I guess it will be a busy evening tonight.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
I think I have read about the turbo button not working with someone else.

Cheers.
7 REPLIES 7

ka713
Level 7
Hi,

I've also been experiencing a similar problem.

The Turbo button will just display the current refresh rate; it does not cycle through 60, 120, 144hz refresh rates

Any help appreciated.

ThomasBo
Level 7
#1 and #2.. are you running with Nvidia GPU's or AMD/Intel ?

The turbo button only seems to work properly with nVidia cards.

I had similar problem with my AMD 290x, but after i switched to nVidia GTX 780ti the turbo button can switch the refresh being used.

ka713
Level 7
@ThomasBo

I'm using a GTX 680 and it still doesn't work...

grahnen
Level 7
You will need some kind of movement on screen. Try moving the mouse pointer while you press the refresh rate button to cycle throu the steps.

Why osd menu doesnt show up. I have no idea.

@grahnen

I've tried pressing the button while moving the cursor, windows, and in games like CS, DOTA; the Turbo button just displays current refresh rate and doesn't cycle

b00gjuice
Level 8
zambalek80 wrote:
Dear all

I got the monitor today and hooked it up quickly over lunch break.
On first glance it is a beauty, well built and has a flawless pixel status as well as excellent image quality. But I'm pampered now - after it replacing a 13-year old 17 inch monitor.

Minor issues include some smudges on the panel (as if someone cleaned it off with a dirty cloth) and a very vague dis-uniformity in brightness distribution. I'll tackle these issues tonight after I get back from work.

However, here is the real issue I have faced:
the OSD button either doesn't work or is very peculiar in how it works. I am talking about the top most button, which brings up the OSD menu (the 4-way thumbstick that is).
At first, whenever I pushed it, it kept bringing up the Light-in-motion menu (with the options "on" and "off"). However I cannot move up and down or select - only the back button works (pushing the thumbstick to the left when facing the monitor).
After uninstalling the driver and restarting the OSD-menu does come up now. However I am still not able to navigate the menu (pushing and moving the thumbstick up, down and right), only exiting works (moving the thumbstick to the left).

Pushing the turbo buttons also only brings up a menu showing me 60Hz. Cannot cycle through the other modes.

The other three buttons work fine (cancel, gameplus and power).

Of course I didn't have enough time to dwell into it any further over lunch break. So I guess it will be a busy evening tonight.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
I think I have read about the turbo button not working with someone else.

Cheers.

I just got my rog swift PG278Q in Tempe, AZ at Fry's Electronics. I had the same problem, I set the refresh rate to 60Hz and cycled main power and got the menu to work at 60Hz. Then when I am done adjusting the menu I set the refresh rate back to 144Hz.

OhNiels
Level 7

If you're experiencing issues with the thumbstick, i can highly recommend buying a brand new thumbstick, like these ones: https://aimxpert.nl/thumbsticks/ . I've had a similar issue and this fixed it for me. GL!