cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping issues with my M7H

Mtiefenberg
Level 7
Hey guys

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i just wanted to inform about some heavy issues i had with my M7H.

I am a happy MMO gamer and i play mostly Rift, WoW and Lotro. I love to raid so Latency really is paramount here.

One of the things i loved reading about the M7H was the software that was bundled. Namely Gamefirst 3 caught my attention. What gamer does not want to improove his networking? So ofc i installed it right away... But... But...

I had terrble Ping issues... In WoW latency of 3.5-4k ms where pretty typical and i got dc'd a lot. Lotro was a bit better but i had a lot of rubberbanding too... Rift was only a little better but terrible lag... So i tried testing my conection with Gamefirst... It rated my connection as F... (terrible) ... I have another pc on the same line that has no issues at all... so i ran the ping and speed test from ookla too... and behold the other computer recieved a A rating!... Weird... same Isp... same Router...

So i upgraded the Gamefirst software to newest version. and .... duh! problems where gone for like a day and then came back even worse...

I uninstalled Gamefirst and now have excellent latency... wth?

Is the Gamefirst software broken or did I do something wrong? Because i am pretty positive about the issue being gone now after having no issues at all since Gamefirst has been uninstalled for a week.

So either i messed up with the program alltho i never changed any settings from default or the software is simply broken and i have to warn others from using it...

Anyways... Just wanted to share this and if somebody can spot an error from my side please share it with me...

Regards

Marcus
0 REPLIES 0