ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

windows 8.1 High Disk usage 100%!!?!?! HELP PLZ

today suddenly i have 100% usage both ssd and hdd what might be the problem? ive already tried disable superfetch no help.

ROG Member Array

Try disabling Windows Search in your services.msc list. It'll get rid of search indexing so your windows explorer search might be a bit slower, but disabling the service might lower if not totally eliminate your high level of HDD activity.

You could also try to disable the scheduled defrag option in the Windows Disk Defragmenter program.

ROG Member Array

I think it is the fault of one or more drivers on Windows 8.1. Windows Search and Windows Disk Defragmenter unrelated to High Disk usage 100%.
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | PSU: Cooler 1000W | RAM: 8GB | Monitor: Asus VG248

ROG Member Array

I really doubt that it's a driver issue of any sort for Windows 8.1, it's either those two things, or the automatic maintenance process that comes up at certain times.

ROG Member Array

Before I forget, did you see anything off amongst the list of processes in Task Manager? You mentioned seeing both your SSD and HDD being at 100% activity, but did you look into your processes/service list for anything that may have been causing that, or did you mean Superfetch was causing this, you disabled it, but the problem persists?