cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome is blocking this site malware what a PAIN !!

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Ive just today started having a really bad problem. Every time I try to come on ROG pages, and I belong to a lot
of threads about many PC related items, I get this big red screen. Google updated its malware crap about 6 hours ago and that is when this started to happen.

I did not know where else to put this but the General section, but if someone here knows someone high up
on here, please let them know as it says they can contact google and get this straightened out.

10 REPLIES 10

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
http://www.ehow.com/how_7258942_disable-google-malware-warnings.html I found this "cure" to get rid of it, I have not tried it yet.

***************edit**************

Did not work. Does anyone know how to get rid of the big red screen ?
I cant believe no one has commented on this......

I cant be the only one its happening to ??

this is terrible

Mike_Kelly
Level 10

Chino
Level 15
Apparently a few funny users posted some naughty links. Asus is aware of the situation and doing their best to fix this.

kkn
Level 14
the loggin server have been down too so its been emty so to say.
ppl couldn't log in.

kkn wrote:
the loggin server have been down too so its been emty so to say.
ppl couldn't log in.

When I did a search for this big red screen, I saw that the dates for this happened many times
in the past. I hope that whoever is responsible is held accountable, unless they posted a
link that they were not aware that it was a bad one. If someone did it on purpose, I would
hope that they get told about it and not get away with it. Its one thing to make an honest
mistake, its another to be malicious and do it on purpose.

Im still getting the red screen, but at least I can come on here. This is my
most favorite place to go for information about overclocking and water cooling
and just using my new VII Formula and its a very important site for me.

Hulls beer has not been made in over 33 years, but it was made in New Haven, Ct
next to the town where I grew up. Savin Rock, Ct. 06516

meankeys
Level 13
Yummy 🙂

X-ROG
Level 15
We've blocked all HTML posting rights but it's still happening so we think it's a vB exploit. The thing we have 100ks threads in the forum and once it gets posts in one random one the whole site gets blocked, so even though 99.9% of people won't ever be affected you still see the red ban link. Again I'll be thankful when we can drop vB for something else.