cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing windows 8.1 32-bit on my G750js (HELP)

Prdonek44
Level 7
Hello i want to install windows 8.1 32-bit on my g750js because software which i am using for my job works only with 32-bit system.
Problem is that i cant install it every time i insert 32-bit cd in dvd drive window pops up and says that i need to put 64-bit version in dvd driver. Also i tried boot from that cd but it didnt loaded and notebook just restarted. With 64-bit version cd instal and boot is ok. Can you help me please? It is really important for me i know that there are not drivers for 32-bit version but i dont mind i need to make money atm.
11 REPLIES 11

Prdonek44
Level 7
Also i had some messages from windows that it cant be instaled on efi notebook or something like that i dont remmember the word efi

hmscott
Level 12
Prdonek44 wrote:
Hello i want to install windows 8.1 32-bit on my g750js because software which i am using for my job works only with 32-bit system.
Problem is that i cant install it every time i insert 32-bit cd in dvd drive window pops up and says that i need to put 64-bit version in dvd driver. Also i tried boot from that cd but it didnt loaded and notebook just restarted. With 64-bit version cd instal and boot is ok. Can you help me please? It is really important for me i know that there are not drivers for 32-bit version but i dont mind i need to make money atm.

Prdonek44, your best solution is to use another computer if you need to run Windows 32 bit native, but if your work can be done on a Virtual Machine, hosted on your G750JS, you can create one using VMware Player or Virtualbox, and your Windows 32 bit license.

You need to go into the BIOS and enable the 3 VM support options. Intel Virtualization Technology, Intel AES-NI (might not be needed, but doesn't hurt to enable), Intel Vt-d

Virtualbox download
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/virtualbox/downloads/index.html

Vmware Player download
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/4_0

Your G750JS is 64 bit, so download the 64 bit version of either/both VM tools. There will be an option when creating a new VM to select Windows 32 bit .

There are lots of Windows how to's on the internet for building a Windows VM on both tools, and likely pre-made appliances to downlod - I wouldn't use them, since I have built lots of VM's on my own, but it might help get you going.

It isn't tough to get the Settings set up, just read them 1 by 1, and select using your Windows experience, and then build / install just like you would normally when the install window comes up.

I can't help you build the VM, but google for other support forums for Vmware and Oracle Virtualbox.

It seems daunting at first, but it isn't difficult, and it is easy to start over - that 's the point of using Virtual machines - keep a clean copy of your Windows VM when you get it where you want it, so you can reuse that container over and over in the future.

Have fun!

gazzacbr
Level 10
@Prdonek44: what software exactly?
i am assuming that it is older.
chances that it wont run on window 8 anything.
you may need to install windows 7 (either virtual machine as hmscot says) or dual boot
possibly even the late great windows xp (ah, they were the days...)

check carefully with the specs and supplier of the software first.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Prdonek44
Level 7
I know the software very well its old and only one working its name is Pbdownforce it changes your mac and hwid. If i use it in virtual machine it will change those things only in virtual machine not in whole pc right? So there is not chance to instal just windiws 8 32-bit on my g750?

Prdonek44
Level 7
Yes i tried with vm and dont work mac and hwid changes only in virtual machine not in whole pc 😞 a really need to instal it on whole pc 32-bit system

gazzacbr
Level 10
ah, hardware spoofing. i see. you use that for your job?
yes, a vm will not help.

32-bit will not install on uefi.
you could use a tool like mini tool partition wizard and convert your gpt disk to mbr. you will not lose data (but make sure to have backups anyway)
then disable uefi in bios.
you will then be back to a 'normal' system where you can install anything.

this is how i have mine now.

Prdonek44
Level 7
Yes i managed to start windows 32-bit installation after boot but it says i cant instal it on gpt disk so i need to convert my ssd from gpt to mbr problem is that i have windows installed on it. So i guess that i will have to do new windows 64-bit install on my normal hdd and after that format ssd and covert it to mbr and then reboot pc and instal 32-bit on ssd?

Prdonek44
Level 7
So did it and now have 32-bit installed i also installed graphic drivers and they work fine i guess its same performance as with 64-bit system. Only problem i am having atm is that notebook dont recognise its wifi so i need ethernet cabel for internet how to fix it instal drivers? Which please.

gazzacbr
Level 10
check in device manager for your exact wifi card model (they are different even in the same G750 models)
you will get the VEN_.... and DEV_.... number which you can search for on google.
you should be able to get a 32bit driver from either another model Asus or another laptop.
it should work fine in any case.