cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g750jx vga upgrade! ?

Alan_AvRu
Level 7
Hi there, i was wondering to know if i can upgrade the graphic card of the asus g750jx ( Nvidia geforce gtx 770) for a Nvidia geforce gtx 880 and if its possible, do i need to upgrade RAM too? Or what should I worry about? thanks for the help
4 REPLIES 4

gazzacbr
Level 10
this question has been asked many times...

no upgrades for us 😞
how much ram do you have?
if you have 1GB then yes, if you have 12Gb+ then no.
i would just worry about how much you can sell your jx for to help fund a newer model with an 8 series card.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

I have 8 gb of ram, g750jz model has the same body but it has nvidia geforce gtx 880 and 32 gb of ram and the questio Is can I updrade g750jx to this specs?

I use it for 3d modeling and rendering, I use programs like lumion, revit, maya, 3ds max, between others. I ussually play games but I have had problems with games like metro last light and thief, it doesn't run smoothly in high settings and the g750jx have the least requirements to play in max settings and I don't know if its about ram or why it doesn't run smoothly

gazzacbr
Level 10
8GB of ram is more than enough for just about anything. what are you going to do?
even a big game like BF4 or Crysis 3 use less than 2GB. you can add about 2GB for windows.
run some tests with task manager open as you start up programs.
its an easy (user) upgrade if you want to throw some more in there.

sometimes my cad workstation at work will get up to 9GB but thats with at least two cad programs, a large 3d navisworks model, excel, word, outlook, internet explorer all running at the same time.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16