Did you mean: 

tweaking settings using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I like this program as things can be done on the fly while
you are watching all of the other settings about the
cpu and gpu and I was wondering if there were
other programs like this that are more involved
and can help me to change other things ?

At 100% cpu usage, Im not happy that my
temps are above 70C

****** EDIT *******

I also can not get rid of my tool bar, its suppose to auto hide ????

Thanks for any advice or help with this.
16 REPLIES 16

Nate152
Hi Mike,

I'm not so sure there are other programs for tweaking on the desktop. You can use memtweakit to adjust your ram timings on the desktop but I'm not sure it is compatible with haswell cpu's.

Temp at 80c under 100% load is nothing to worry about. When you play battlefield 4 temps will probably only be in the 50's.

To auto hide your taskbar, right click on the taskbar and click properties then you will see the box to auto hide the taskbar.

jab383
Level 13
Depending on your motherboard model there may be a program available that doesn't involve AI Suite and gives control of more parameters than XTU. Look on your Asus driver disk, way to the bottom of the software section for Turbo V. It came with my M6 Formula, but not with an M6 Hero (still works on the Hero, though.)

If it's there, be very careful with it. There are no crutches or safety nets. One little typo is all it took to kill a very good CPU.

100% CPU usage can mean a lot of things. What it's busy doing is more important. If it's a strenuous stability test or benchmark, 70 C is pretty good. The picture shows Aida64 CPU, FPU and cache simultaneously. That's not really a strenuous test. FPU alone is the real heat producer. If that takes temperatures over 90C, you might think about better cooling if AVX-heavy floating point math is what you do with the PC. Games won't run that hot, but 3D or video rendering might.

As for the toolbar, I can only suggest uninstalling the software that puts it on the screen.

Jeff

jab383 wrote:
Depending on your motherboard model there may be a program available that doesn't involve AI Suite and gives control of more parameters than XTU. Look on your Asus driver disk, way to the bottom of the software section for Turbo V. It came with my M6 Formula, but not with an M6 Hero (still works on the Hero, though.)

If it's there, be very careful with it. There are no crutches or safety nets. One little typo is all it took to kill a very good CPU.

100% CPU usage can mean a lot of things. What it's busy doing is more important. If it's a strenuous stability test or benchmark, 70 C is pretty good. The picture shows Aida64 CPU, FPU and cache simultaneously. That's not really a strenuous test. FPU alone is the real heat producer. If that takes temperatures over 90C, you might think about better cooling if AVX-heavy floating point math is what you do with the PC. Games won't run that hot, but 3D or video rendering might.

As for the toolbar, I can only suggest uninstalling the software that puts it on the screen.

Jeff

Thank you for the info on the turbo v I found it on the disk and its perfect.
I will be very careful with it.

I have no clue what is going on with my pc, but my next step is going to be to clear the cmos and try to
run from scratch, as even Aida64 now is not working and says Im throttling and my voltage keeps
saying 3.1 and I lower it down to 2.5 or 2.7 and I still get throttling. This did not happen before
and so I think that clearing cmos is my best bet.

I will let you all kinow.

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I just did it the old fashion way and went into bios and now I think its running under 70
and should be fine. If I can do under 73 with 100% cpu test using Aida64
then playing BF4 and games will be a breeze ! ((( pun intended as Im water cooling )))

Thank You all for the help !!!

((( I feel like a contradicted myself, but I think that my
speed at the voltage Im at is pretty good for now )))

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Ive tried everything under the SUN to get the toolbar to autohide.
Nothing has worked so far. There are tons of win 8.1 sites
that mention a BUG.....

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
*******edit********** I wrote something about prime 95 failing over and over with settings in bios of
gaming computer and water cooling, But had not posted it and had shut the computer down.

It keeps putting my volts at 1.3 and I tried a lot of different settings
but it kept failing Prime 95. Now its still running after 20 mins or so... My OC is not much, but at least
my temps are good.

I have so much to learn about overclocking !!!

So instead of tuning in bios with gaming in mind, I told it to do a standard computer and so far its the first time its still running for awhile.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The temps are too hot in that screenshot. The CPU is throttling.

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
Yes, I just noticed that and shut it down after taking this screenshot.

Chino
Level 15
If you're going to run P95 to test stability, change Adaptive voltage to manual. If not, the AVX instructions from P95 will add an extra 0.1V to whatever voltage you inputted in the BIOS.