Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar

Thank You Chino for that info about adaptive and it adding voltage.
    I have played around and decided that Im not going to worry about prime95 anymore. Im able to pass Aida64 and Im fine with the Intel Burn Test, so 2 out of 3 aint bad, according to MeatLoaf.

I like the turbo core V program and got rid of the Intel tuning utility one.
    So while my temps may hit 80 with 100 % cpu usage,
    its only for a tiny bit of time here and there and they mostly stay in the 60's so Im happy that while
    playing a game, the temps will
    be fine.

Thank you all so much for the help and advice, I appreciate it very much !!!!

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 08-31-2014 at 04:56 PM.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

XTU Benchmark>

Disable speedstep
    Tweak memory
    CPU OC/Cache OC/Memory OC
    manual voltages
    No power saving options
    And keep max load temp below 85c in XTU, above 85c stability is going downhill fast anyway

Cooling is the main ingredient, for scoring high in XTU, along with a well tweaked system..

Its basically the same as for ROG realbench in bios, both benchmarks are very demanding when it comes to system stability at a high OC
    Last edited by Rockford; 08-31-2014 at 06:13 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just as a General Note about Intels Xtreme Tuning when having a Maximus 7 mobo:

1) you might have installed AI Suite 3 with 5 Way Optimitazion: it conflicts with Intels utility, and even if you uninstall XTU, 5WO still does not work. I had to use Restore Points. (XTU installs a different Intel Watchdog and it's uninstall hangs forevever...)

2) XTU is not offered by Asus for Maximus 7 (Gene here), Intel also does not offer it (all the links to Intels site I tried were dead and no XTU in Intels own Download Center). So I had to download it from Guru3D without garantees of fitness for my board)

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

Windows firewall need to be enabled, or XTU wont launch, or can be successfully removed (system will hang)

I havent experienced any problems, running the app on Gene 7. I have downloaded it from Intel yesterday

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...ng&keyword=xtu

Gene 7>

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4989.513MHz - 1266 XTU marks on HWBOT
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-01-2014 at 10:43 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar

I just read the above new statements and I will go into bios and change the things mentioned.
    I finally got my router port forwarded to be able to actually play the game that came with
    my new VII Formula (Watch Dogs) and I could not help but notice that while playing, I
    could feel a LOT of heat coming from my PC. This was last night. So just now I ran
    the game with Realtemp running in the background, and it seems that my temps
    are ok, but WOW.... I know the fans are blowing the heat up and out and that
    whee my legs are is close to where the cabinet is that my pc is located, but
    no other game does this. I can play BF4 and it does not get this hot.

I do have Precision X set up to have both of my fans going at 85% when Im above 40c

Because the screenshot of realtemp was done after I had quit the game, its not showing my
    cpu at 4.7 overclock speed and I will now go into bios and make some changes.

I appreciate the help as I do not know how to fine tune things and this really helps !!
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 09-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hiya Mike !

The heat is coming from your SLI'd GTX 680's, I can attest to that. Watchdogs must be a pretty gpu demanding game for 3 screens. Unless you have gpu temps over 85c, nothing to worry about. My 680's help heat up my gaming room in the winter time.
    In the onscreen display, set gpu usage to show to for each gpu, are they maxed at 98% - 99%?

If so that explains the heat. Excellent cpu gaming temps by the way.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePaw View Post
    Windows firewall need to be enabled, or XTU wont launch, or can be successfully removed (system will hang)

I havent experienced any problems, running the app on Gene 7. I have downloaded it from Intel yesterday

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...ng&keyword=xtu

Gene 7>

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4989.513MHz - 1266 XTU marks on HWBOT
    Great mate! I always entered a "Xtreme" search, seems that Intel sticks to Shakesperian English and uses Extreme instead! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2