cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating G750 Drivers

Vastari
Level 7
I see that Intel has released much newer drivers for the Intel 4600 series internal gfx in the G750 series I own. I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem with occasional problems with the laptop not coming back after going into sleep mode so I wanted to make sure I've got the latest drivers. Is this the kind of driver you wait for from Asus? The last thing I want to do is cause problems because I'm using the OEM driver instead of a customized ASUS one.

Has anyone collected updated drivers for the G750 series in a central location?
6 REPLIES 6

Maxter
Level 9
you can go to www.intel.com to check for intel updates. Truth is that the Intel graphics card is physically disconnected from the computer, so you won't even see the hardware on the devices window. The G750 only uses the nVidia GTX series and it's pretty good at under/overclocking it as needed for battery saving/power graphics (the latter usually when on AC mode).
Do you have P4G installed? are you hibernating? or pure sleep mode?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Vastari wrote:
I see that Intel has released much newer drivers for the Intel 4600 series internal gfx in the G750 series I own. I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem with occasional problems with the laptop not coming back after going into sleep mode so I wanted to make sure I've got the latest drivers. Is this the kind of driver you wait for from Asus? The last thing I want to do is cause problems because I'm using the OEM driver instead of a customized ASUS one.

Has anyone collected updated drivers for the G750 series in a central location?

Vastari, you may want to tell us the full G750 model that you have, but yes, normally you want to stick to the notebook drivers from the ASUS download site if everything is working okay.
If you are seeing problems, you might consider trying other unapproved drivers to see if they can help, but they may also cause new problems (I may worry too much too).

Maxter wrote:
you can go to www.intel.com to check for intel updates. Truth is that the Intel graphics card is physically disconnected from the computer, so you won't even see the hardware on the devices window. The G750 only uses the nVidia GTX series and it's pretty good at under/overclocking it as needed for battery saving/power graphics (the latter usually when on AC mode).
Do you have P4G installed? are you hibernating? or pure sleep mode?

Maxter thanks for the input and suggestions, but sounds like you may be thinking of the G750JX, G750JW, and G750JH since the G750JM, G750JS, and G750JZ models have 'reconnected' the Intel graphics card, so we should probably confirm which G750 model that Vastari has (yeah, I sometimes wish things weren't so complicated).

cl-Albert wrote:

Maxter thanks for the input and suggestions, but sounds like you may be thinking of the G750JX, G750JW, and G750JH since the G750JM, G750JS, and G750JZ models have 'reconnected' the Intel graphics card, so we should probably confirm which G750 model that Vastari has (yeah, I sometimes wish things weren't so complicated).

Oh man! I didn't know!!! I'm jealous... 😕 is the battery life better with the reactivated intel graphics? I assume the GTX will be on standby mode while using the integrated one...

I have a G750JM so it's using the Intel chip for 2D work. Yeah, the wake from sleep problem is frustrating. It didn't do this when I first got the laptop so there must be some software or driver that's causing a conflict and making it so that I just get a blank screen after turning it back on about 30% of the time.