cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM Battery charging question...

Reaper22
Level 7
If I unplug the charger from the charging port on the laptop and plug it back in it will drain from battery and not start to recharge till I unplug from wall outlet and plug back in, I had noticed one time before it drained down till the alarm came up thats how I noticed this was happening, Is this normal? G750JM...
6 REPLIES 6

Maxter
Level 9
It should begin charging as soon as you plug it in. If the battery is at 98-100% it might not charge, but below that you should see the orange battery light turn on...

Reaper22
Level 7
It will charge but I have to unplug from wall outlet, If I unplug from the AC/charging port on laptop and plug it in it will not start charge...

Maxter
Level 9
if the block is still plugged into your laptop but not into the wall, the block might be taking power and just turning it into heat (not sure - current technology I'm pretty sure is smart enough to block electricity to flow the other way)

I believe your right man, I think once you unplug the plug from the laptop the box senses that and blocks power from the plug till you unplug from wall outlet then it like resets power flow....

Reaper22 wrote:
I believe your right man, I think once you unplug the plug from the laptop the box senses that and blocks power from the plug till you unplug from wall outlet then it like resets power flow....

I'm having the same problem with charging... but it didn't do this for the first few weeks. I don't think it makes sense that I would have to unplug the charger from the wall, then plug it back in to get charging started. I've never seen that with any other laptop.

Do ASUS support people read these posts?

Mark

markfgdavis wrote:
I'm having the same problem with charging... but it didn't do this for the first few weeks. I don't think it makes sense that I would have to unplug the charger from the wall, then plug it back in to get charging started. I've never seen that with any other laptop.

Do ASUS support people read these posts?

Mark

Guys, when you are plugging it in to charge, what is the level showing in the systray icon? What %?

If it is above 90%, it might not start charging immediately. Leave it plugged in and see if it charges higher than the starting % after a while - hours, night, etc. Give it some time.

The Charging circuit wants to prolong the life of the battery, and it might not start charging immediately based on several things, including heat sensors and other criteria opaque to us.

If you just drained the battery during heavy use the battery might be too hot to start charging.

Please do a little more observation and testing, and resist unplugging / plugging in the charger right away to "force" charging. Please let us know what you see.