cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering of text while scrolling this site?

Reaper22
Level 7
Sorry guy's I am new to this site and just got this G750JM couple weeks ago and jus seeing stuff need'n to know about.. Anywho, While I scroll this site I notice a flickering of the text, Is there something I can change to make it better, kinda annoying..
9 REPLIES 9

redduc900
Level 9
Only on this site? Which browser and OS are you running, and does it happen irregardless of which browser you use?
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

Reaper22
Level 7
Wndows 8.1 and using exploer, I believe this is the only site I noticed because the text is white and the background is black...

redduc900
Level 9
Are you using the mouse wheel or the scroll bar in IE11 to scroll?

Reaper22
Level 7
I am using the mouse wheel...

redduc900
Level 9
The same happens when you use either the up/down arrow keys or the scroll bar?

Reaper22
Level 7
It does do the same with the touchpad and also notice that in facebook scrolling the text looks like it kinda fades down a little as well...

hmscott
Level 12
Reaper22 wrote:
Sorry guy's I am new to this site and just got this G750JM couple weeks ago and jus seeing stuff need'n to know about.. Anywho, While I scroll this site I notice a flickering of the text, Is there something I can change to make it better, kinda annoying..

Reaper22, ClearType should come enabled, but you need to tune it for your eyes/screen, enter Cleartype into the search and it should come up with "Adjust ClearType text". For me when set on the wrong setting the text seems to fade in and out, flickering.

You can also try disabling ClearType.

I know the Optimus screens can't adjust the refresh rate, I would suggest increasing it to 100hz for the ChiMei screen and 70hz for the AUO screen otherwise. That is usually the fix.

You could check the Intel Control Panel settings for text related tuning - I don't have one, but I imagine there might be such tuning available.

What browsers have you tried?

This site is known for inducing that flickering...

http://www.station-drivers.com/

When I am at 70hz on my AUO screen there is shimmering in the text as I scroll, if I drop down to 60hz, it is jumpy/flickery.

Let us know what you find resolves this for you.

Reaper22
Level 7
still new to this puter man, How do I find out what screen I have?

Reaper22 wrote:
still new to this puter man, How do I find out what screen I have?

There are a number of tools that will list inventory of things installed, I like hwinfo64 right now as it lets me use the full features when I want to look at the inventory - don't check either box in the dialog that first comes up - or I can just look at the Summary - check that box during that run / uncheck it next run - or check the box for Sensors which lets me look at lots of data for temp/speed/etc including tracking thermal throttling, so it's really several apps in one

hwinfo64 (I use the 64 bit beta, listed in small print under the big graphics for downloads)
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

Look at the Monitor section for the screen details.