cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M7F Help - XMP and Boot

Trophias
Level 7
Hey all,

So I finally got the new Samsung 850 1tb drive, which took forever haha, but now once I enabled XMP, the computer started to restart every few seconds in the boot process. If it were to get past that, it would say Overclocking Settings Failed and to hit F1 to go into the bios.

When I loaded back into the Optimized Settings, it sometimes did the same thing a few time before starting up fully.

What can I do to successfully to use the actual memory frequency?

Sorry if I don't make a lot of sense, memory is one of the few things that I don't know that much about.

Bios: Latest 0603
RAM Info: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233680
150 REPLIES 150

Nate152
Hello Trophias

Can you list your cpu please?

Was your ram working at 2400MHz before you installed your new drive?

Trophias
Level 7
Woops, sorry about that!

My CPU is the 4790K.

I never set my RAM to XMP before, as I was waiting on my drive to install Windows and everything. Would it possibly be a bios bug in the 0603 version?

Nate152
Thank You

No, I don't think it is a bios bug.

32 GB at 2400MHz is likely putting a strain on the IMC of your cpu. Go to the extreme tweaker tab in the bios and set the VCCSA voltage to 1.20v then set XMP. F10 and Enter.

Does your pc boot now?

Trophias
Level 7
Hi Nate,

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not able to find anything with VCCSA as a setting. Would you mean the DRAM Voltage?

Nate152
No, not the Dram voltage.

Look on the extreme tweaker tab for System Agent Volatge. Set that to 1.20v then set XMP, F10 and Enter.

Does she go?

Thanks! I set that to 1.20 from what it was at, which was .816v.

It went into a boot cycle and I believe it is stopping on the boot LED at 40 or 03.

Nate152
OK, take three sticks of ram out and leave one stick in closest to the cpu then try to boot with XMP.

Trophias
Level 7
Done, that seemed to have done the trick with the boot cycle. Now it seems to be staying within the bios and it won't exit the bios, even after saving and exiting and discard changes and exit.

Nate152
Do you have an operating system installed?

Do you have your Samsung drive set as the first boot device?