cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with running at 144hz

Ferreal
Level 7
Hello,

My games constantly crashing when I set the monitor to 144hz even with G-sync disabled. The only game that doesn't crash is League Of Legends. I have tried with every refresh rates on Tomb Raider, Metro Redux, Watchdogs, and Crysis 3. It works fine on desktop but once I start a game, 5-10mins in, it will freeze the screen with background sound still playing for awhile until it completely crashes....

I reformatted my PC with Windows 8.1 and installed the latest nvidia drivers. The issue still persist @ 144hz. Is my monitor faulty? Should I return it?

Any owners running SLI having this issue? I did a search and have not found anyone not able to run their monitor at 144hz.

It sucks to have a 1440p 144hz monitor and not be able to use it....

PC Specs:
i5 3570k
asrock z77 extreme4
Gskill Ripjaws X 1600 32gigs
Titan Black SC SLI
OCZ SSD 120gb
SilverStone OP 1000w
3 REPLIES 3

Ferreal
Level 7
I found out that the DP wire was loose on the back of my monitor. After it is nice and snug, 144 hz /w Gsync is amazing

Ferreal wrote:
I found out that the DP wire was loose on the back of my monitor. After it is nice and snug, 144 hz /w Gsync is amazing

have you tried 120 hz to see how that compares visually with 144hz ? Just interested in seeing if there is a difference that is noticeable. I am getting one of the monitors but i might get a 120hz 1080p gsync unit from another manufacturer later for my office. I do light gaming when im waiting for stuff to compile ..

NavasC
Level 7
There is not a huge noticeable difference between 120 Hz and 144 Hz. The 144 Hz is definitely a little more smooth (if you're hitting 144 frames per second) but not anything you'd lose sleep over not having.