cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Matrix or DirectCU II

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hi All,

I am looking to buy an Asus Rog Matrix GTX 780 TI but they have been rather hard to pin down, I have one on back order but it keeps getting delayed. But thats beside the point.

My supplier has the 780ti DirectCU II in stock and I was considering getting that instead, so my question to you oh gurus of everything rog and asus.

What is the difference between these two cards? Is the $200 difference just a brand name? or is there more to it I'm not seeing? Please help

Kind Regards, Silver Wolf.
4 REPLIES 4

darkage
Level 11
hi
youre not paying the 200+ for the rog name its a all new world,
if you can buy the matrix
if you cant wayt get the dcii
if i was you i would buy the matrix 🙂

Thanks for the response Darkage unfortunately it doesn't help me. Perhaps this is my fault so let me be more specific and give you some background.

I am an IT technician, I currently work for a corporate MSP in Sydney. This is not the first rog part I have bought nor will it be the last. It is also not the first pc I gave built nor will it be the last.

So my question is why? You say I am entering a whole new world but why am I? What makes the matrix superior to the DCUII? Why should I buy the matrix over the DCU. I'm not so much interested in which one is better but why that one is better.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm hard to say really...I mean as an enthusiast you always want the most bells and whistles but honestly the Matrix is LN2 benching material...I think the DCuII is a great card and even has more overclocking headroom from what I've read...percentage wise...

For gaming get the DCuII will perform the same...especially if available now.

Both good cards both going to perform within a whisker of each other unless you are into benching in which case wait a bit for the Matrix...

Thanks Arne, that's pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well. I'm in no hurry for the card but since it has been over a month and my supplier has now once again pushed their eta back to the 20th of next month and very few other companies still have the matrix in stock I have little faith they can actually get it. I think I might be best to get the DCII instead as I know I can get it.

Thanks again mate really appreciate a technical response.