cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 6 years of eVGA, I got my first ASUS GPU. WOW!!

1ceTr0n
Level 11
OMG, shes so freaking beautiful! I'll never miss eVGA cards again after 6 years of them!

Bye bye girl, you've done me well these past 2 years...

But there is a new momma in town!

Damn, they look so good together!

4 REPLIES 4

oded1st
Level 7
from what iv seen evga got only one line of "non standard parts".
evga is like gigabyte only evga looks alot prettier.
asus is a diffrant animal.
asus is a true unleashed beast _(only problem is that asus herself limit the preformance, not because of marketing, but because the traditional use may demolish the hardware)
if you realy want to see the potential of your 780Ti-DC2OC, you need to manualy unlock the voltage (asus did let us use this option), but you also need a custum liquid cooling system (somthing this will fit the asus design and would fit like a glove on a hand).
then you would see the real potential of this card. _ (that evga kinpinmonkey would get beaten in a hartbeat).
the ASUS 780Ti is the most DURABLE card out there _ (just ask about the build quality, its worth the money)
anyway... on air... the 780Ti SUCK BIG TIME!
some info for you:
use gpu-z to measure your VRM temps under load (watch-dogs or BF4 would do the trick), you will be scared from what you will find out.
but dont worry, only solution to fix this (while on AIR), is to simply use GPU-TWEAK and set a custom fan profile!
im telling you to save you some time and frustration.
gpu-tweak do a very good job on this issue. _ (you can try other methods... but we already tried avrything... )
anyway...
enjoy your new beast!

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Congrats 😄 Nice clean build 🙂
Yeah Asus indeed has some cool GPU models out there. But it's unfair to compare a refrence design GTX670 with an DirectCUII card:rolleyes:
EVGAs ACX cooler is looking cool aswell and it has the advantage of being sold separatly too.
Enjoy your new powerhouse, it will serve you well 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

srmojuze
Level 10
Nice 🙂 ...For almost 10 years now haven't had any major issues with Asus stuff. Display, motherboard, Nexus 7. ROG G55 developed a fan issue but they repaired it well and in a timely fashion. In any case this G55 is almost two years old but is still a beast for a 15" laptop.