cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage Extreme X99 Black Edition

el_Zocko
Level 7
Hey Asus guys,

please bring the "black edition X99 " this time out earlier and not towards the end of a life-time of a Socket!
I know many people who would prefer to buy directly the black edition, instead of the normal version.especially in this price range can not be bought every six months a new board.

it would make sense since a little rethink regarding the clearance sales.

yes the black and red colors are R.O.G. but just in Germany is red * out * every second build in the www is red

custom design should win!
the X99 Deluxe is gone here a positive example.

so please make tme and many others happy:o
26 REPLIES 26

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
el Zocko wrote:
Hey Asus guys,

please bring the "black edition X99 " this time out earlier and not towards the end of a life-time of a Socket!
I know many people who would prefer to buy directly the black edition, instead of the normal version.especially in this price range can not be bought every six months a new board.

it would make sense since a little rethink regarding the clearance sales.

yes the black and red colors are R.O.G. but just in Germany is red * out * every second build in the www is red

custom design should win!
the X99 Deluxe is gone here a positive example.

so please make tme and many others happy:o

You call the Rampage V Extreme a normal version motherboard?!? xD
The Rampage IV Black Edition was Asus direct counter-response to EVGAs X79 Dark motherboard and it did the expected work pretty well, it was superior in most cases. Of course, it was also an Update for the released Ivy-Brigde-E CPUs.
It takes some time to develop/design a motherboard, now the Extreme will be released and I think we won't see a revised Black Edition motherboard anytime soon. Maybe with the release of Broadwell-E sometime in 2015. 😉
If you want a Black Edition Rampage V Extreme board then start modding. 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

UltraNEO_
Level 11
From my experience, Asus doesn't release "Black editions" at the beginning. Therefore, you won't see a X99 black at the start, BE's usually appear towards the end of the platform's life once they've ironed out all the bugs, discover weak or poor performing areas which need improving and improved them...

Of-course there's no reason why you can't dye the standard board using some dyes/paints.. but you WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY doing so, having said that, others have colored their boards and with great results..
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

twisted1
Level 12
The RIVE Black edition was released for the Ivy-E cpu's. It's tailored for the Ivy-E's.

There was however a RIVE Black, which was just a RIVE that was in all black.

Vlada011
Level 10
I would like to see Rampage 5 Extreme Black, with little changes.
Maybe ASUS think some of them are nice... Boards should look more on X79 BE...
Need voltage read points because that part give somehow nice look to ROG boards, many people use on that...

And maybe little more cubic shape of heatsink...and bottom additional power connector PCI-E is maybe more durable than molex.
Everything else is fine.
Anyway no matter what they decide Black Edition should came before New Year or at least ASUS to give some signal about plans, some picture or anything about R5EBE.
Only because it's not fair nicest ASUS and best board to show up 5-6 months before completely new Extreme chipset.

Pierre3400
Level 7
The one and only reason i am not buying the X99 RVE, is that stupid red everywhere! Im not a flipping teenager, i hate those stupid colors. Just give me an all out black board, and i will be throwing my money at you. Only MSI have managed to understand this, the fail they made, is to do it with their cheapest board!

Pierre3400 wrote:
The one and only reason i am not buying the X99 RVE, is that stupid red everywhere! Im not a flipping teenager, i hate those stupid colors. Just give me an all out black board, and i will be throwing my money at you. Only MSI have managed to understand this, the fail they made, is to do it with their cheapest board!

No your not a teenager your a baby stop crying about a colour scheme.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I happen to like the red and black 🙂

Vlada011
Level 10
I love red black combination too, or grey black, any other combination are not for me, but completely black is BEST.
I hope we will know something more aboyt Black Edition soon.

Vlada011 wrote:
I love red black combination too, or grey black, any other combination are not for me, but completely black is BEST.
I hope we will know something more aboyt Black Edition soon.

You wont see it for some time they will make a updated revision of the RVE 1st.