cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recall Necessary on G74SX batteries/Adapters

CallMeMs
Level 7
I am writing to express my disbelief that there are no recalls on G74SX batteries and adapters. I would ask that your legal team take a look at the certifications listed on the batteries and adapters (model ADP-150NB D) and then consider photographic evidence which I can provide of a serious burn I received in February, the scar remaining prominent as I type. Would it not cost less to simply send out new adapters and batteries? Will you continue to be granted those certifications if I were to send the abovementioned agencies photographs of my burns?

I hope to hear back soon, in my fury,

Sheri Richard

2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Dear Ms. Richard,

Sorry to hear the notebook has caused you harm and hope you have stopped using it if it is not functioning properly.
We don't have any known issues with the G74Sx batteries or adapters although there is a warning in the G74Sx user manual about using it on your lap that we want to make sure you and other customers are aware of as copied in the screenshot below.

Anyway, feel free to discuss more if you wish, but if you are located in the U.S. or Canada, please contact Jolene at cl-jolene@asus.com as mentioned in the thread below to discuss and hopefully find a satisfactory resolution for your particular situation. Thanks.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48883-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide&country=&status=

CallMeMs
Level 7
But you do. There are pages of user complaints on these very forums. If your Jolene can't be bothered to write to me, then why bother writing to her? Look, I'm the owner of two ASUS devices, and was very vocal in my praise for them. I'm not going to be any more, to the contrary. How to lose a customer in one condescending, patently false post.