cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asus ROG Build Advice

GGHOOST
Level 7
Hi

I am soon going to buy parts for my new Gamer PC, and would like some advice if something could be better 😄

The parts i will buy: Changed a bit after some good advice 😛

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII - Watercooled
CPU: Intel i7 4790K - Watercooled
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780 Poseidon - Watercooled
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) kit 2400MHz in red
Power: Fractal Design Newton 1000W in White
Case: CM Storm Stryker
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Corsair M65
Main Storage: Samsung Pro 840 256GB SSD
2nd Storage: WD Green 1.5 TB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" TFT LED 3D 144Hz
Other: Asus Front Base and Asus External DVD-drive

For Cooling i will go Custom Water Cooling:
CPU Cooling: EK Supremacy Clean CSQ
GPU Cooling: Poseiden has built-in Watercooling
Motherboard: Formula VII has built-in Watercooling.
Rads: 2x Hardware labs Black ICE Steath 240 - One of them in Push and pull config
Fans: 6x SP120 Highperformance PMW + Those included with the case (2x120 and 1x 140)
Res: EK-D5 Vario X-Res 140 with D5 Pump
Cooling Fluid: 2L Meyhams X1 Blood Red
Hose: XSPC Highflex hose 13/10 mm 2 Meters
Fittings: EK compression and XSPC 90* Rotary fittings
Monitoring: XSPC LCD Temp Monitor in Red (with inline sensor).

All the Fans will be controlled by the front base connected using y-split cables.

Any advice would be appreciated 😄
15 REPLIES 15

kkn
Level 14
tubing. go 10/13mm.
larger = not bether.
you have the option to add a phobya inline temp sensor in the loop if your interested.
that way you cav connect it to your controller.

like this one. - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_711...
its just an extender kind of.

kkn wrote:
tubing. go 10/13mm.
larger = not bether.
you have the option to add a phobya inline temp sensor in the loop if your interested.
that way you cav connect it to your controller.

like this one. - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_711...
its just an extender kind of.

+1, 10/13mm should do it.

@GGHOOST:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII - Watercooled
CPU: Intel i7 4790K - Watercooled
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780 Poseidon - Watercooled
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB kit 2400MHz in red
Power: Fractal Design Newton 1000W in White --> nice PSU 😄 1kW more than enough power 🙂
Case: CM Storm Stryker
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Corsair M65
Main Storage: Samsung Pro 840 256GB SSD change to Crucial MX100 series
2nd Storage: WD Green 1.5 TB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" TFT LED 3D 144Hz
Other: Asus Front Base and Asus External DVD-drive

For Cooling i will go Custom Water Cooling:
CPU Cooling: EK Supremacy Clean CSQ
GPU Cooling: Poseiden has built-in Watercooling
Motherboard: Formula VII has built-in Watercooling.
Rads: 2x Hardware labs Black ICE Steath 240 - One of them in Push and pull config
Fans: 6x SP120 Highperformance PMW + Those included with the case (2x120 and 1x 140)
Res: EK-D5 Vario X-Res 140 with D5 Pump
Cooling Fluid: 2L Meyhams X1 Blood Red
Hose: XSPC Highflex hose 16/10 mm 2 Meters change to 13/10mm as mentioned by @kkn
Fittings: XSPC compression and 90* Rotary fittings
Monitoring: XSPC LCD Temp Monitor in Red

Component choice looks good. 😄
Those rads look quite slim, but what I read on the net, they're performing really good.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

very similar to my build that i had asked advice on . nice to see what people say . I am picking up my case tomorrow and plan on buying parts as i have the cash. looking forward to seeing how your build comes along

ExtRemeOcD wrote:
very similar to my build that i had asked advice on . nice to see what people say . I am picking up my case tomorrow and plan on buying parts as i have the cash. looking forward to seeing how your build comes along

Well then we can compare our performance when we both are finish 😄

ExtRemeOcD wrote:

How are you going to connect the fans for the rads? I have contacted Asus ROG here in Europe and i am waiting for how much current there is in CPU opt fan and Case fan connectors. Reading the manual i found only that the CPU fan connector can connect fans with max 1A (12 watt)

Because when using the Asus front base i can only control 5 of the connectors, but on the motherboard there are 8 (1xCPU, 1xCPU opt and 6xCase fans) :confused:

If they cannot give me an answer then i am going to buy this cable http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-070-AK

Thanks for the Advice about the tubing 😄 i will look into the SSD because i have already bought some of the parts (Including the SSD) i will if i can return it and change it 😉 But how is the Crucial SSD better than Samsung? :confused:

After, looking on this website the samsung is better?
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-840-Pro-256GB-vs-Crucial-MX100-256GB/1408vs2317

GGHOOST wrote:
Thanks for the Advice about the tubing 😄 i will look into the SSD because i have already bought some of the parts (Including the SSD) i will if i can return it and change it 😉 But how is the Crucial SSD better than Samsung? :confused:

After, looking on this website the samsung is better?
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-840-Pro-256GB-vs-Crucial-MX100-256GB/1408vs2317

Ok, I see...I don't think you will notice a difference between these two on normal office and gaming tasks. I suggested the MX100 from Crucial because you get much more storage for the same price. It's okay if you bought the Samsung.
I prefer higher storage capacity over performance, when I buy a SSD, but it's everyones own choice. 😉
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |

ConkersGrillforce1337 wrote:
Ok, I see...I don't think you will notice a difference between these two on normal office and gaming tasks. I suggested the MX100 from Crucial because you get much more storage for the same price. It's okay if you bought the Samsung.
I prefer higher storage capacity over performance, when I buy a SSD, but it's everyones own choice. 😉

Okay. The website I am using to buy my parts the crucial is only a bit cheaper, so I will just go with samsung 😄

cherbrocuz wrote:
can i buy the mars 2 sli water block

Of course, I'll write you a PM 😉
GGHOOST wrote:
Okay. The website I am using to buy my parts the crucial is only a bit cheaper, so I will just go with samsung 😄

Hehe, then even better. Found a new review of the Crucial MX100 at TPU. Shows why I had chosen the Crucial over the Samsung ;D
🙂