Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Both motherboards are good overclockers. It's just that the Rampage V Extreme is more oriented to extreme overclocking crowd. With the Rampage V Extreme, you get a few more options when overclocking and a lot of extra features like the Retry button or the OC Panel, etc...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok thank you Chino
    Last edited by class101; 09-25-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Proper VCCIN voltage is dependant on several settings such as CPU speed and voltage, cache speed and voltage and to a lesser extent SA and IO voltages. Though DRAM voltage is external to the processor the amount of installed ram, speed and timings can also have an influence on the needed VCCIN voltage because of loading.

The following is assuming active cooling across the VRM section of the motherboard. Set VCCIN to 1.90V and LLC to Level 8. Make the necessary adjustments for stability at your desired CPU, cache and memory speeds and timings. Once stability is found slightly lower VCORE and increase VCCIN in 0.010V steps. If still stable continue lowering VCORE, raising VCCIN and testing for stability until VCORE cannot be lowered any further while remaining stable or 1.95V VCCIN is reached.

If increasing VCCIN from 1.90V does not allow a lower VCORE VCCIN may already be higher than needed. Lower VCCIN in 0.010V steps while testing for stability. Once instability is reached increase VCCIN at least 0.010V.

Setting LLC to Level 8 pretty much locks the VCCIN voltage to the same value regardless of load. There is at times an approximate 0.020V droop but the droop and recovery happens quick enough that it is likely not to be seen by software. If the VCCIN voltage is at a low enough value LLC levels from 5 to 7 can be used. The lower the LLC level is the more voltage droop will increase. Moving from LLC Level 8 to a lower setting will require increasing the VCCIN voltage. Keep in mind that droop is a good thing as it helps guard against overshoot during loading. But the amount of droop needs to be balanced against the required set VCCIN voltage.
    Last edited by Praz; 11-05-2014 at 05:37 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array The Veterant PC Specs
    The Veterant PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS-X99-Deluxe,Bios-3101
    ProcessorIntel- i7 5960X, OC-4.5Ghz @1.280V, Xeon e5 2696 V4
    Memory (part number)F4-2800C15Q2-128GRKD @15-15-15-35-2T
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980 HC - BC@ 1550Mhz
    MonitorASUS ROG Swif - PG278Q
    Storage #1400GB Intel 750 NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2512GB Samsung XP941-M.2 Pci-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEK Elite Supremacy W/ AquaComputer AirPlex Rad.
    CaseOsidian 650D
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Gaming
    Mouse SENSEI - 62150
    Headset Logitech Sound System
    OS Windows 10 Pro in a UEFI setup
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U firw.84950

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Proper VCCIN voltage is dependant on several settings such as CPU speed and voltage, cache speed and voltage and to a lesser extent SA and IO voltages. Though DRAM voltage is external to the processor the amount of installed ram, speed and timings can also have an influence on the needed VCCIN voltage because of loading.

The following is assuming active cooling across the VRM section of the motherboard. Set VCCIN to 1.90V and LLC to Level 8. Make the necessary adjustments for stability at your desired CPU, cache and memory speeds and timings. Once stability is found slightly lower VCORE and increase VCCIN in 0.010V steps. If stability returns continue lowering VCORE, raising VCCIN and testing for stability until VCORE cannot be lowered any further while remaining stable or 1.95V VCCIN is reached.

If increasing VCCIN from 1.90V does not allow a lower VCORE VCCIN may already be higher than needed. Lower VCCIN in 0.010V steps while testing for stability. Once instability is reached increase VCCIN at least 0.010V.

Setting LLC to Level 8 pretty much locks the VCCIN voltage to the same value regardless of load. There is at times an approximate 0.020V droop but the droop and recovery happens quick enough that it is likely not to be seen by software. If the VCCIN voltage is at a low enough value LLC levels from 5 to 7 can be used. The lower the LLC level is the more voltage droop will increase. Moving from LLC Level 8 to a lower setting will require increasing the VCCIN voltage. Keep in mind that droop is a good thing as it helps guard against overshoot during loading. But the amount of droop needs to be balanced against the required set VCCIN voltage.
    Thanks PRAZ for that info, things like that and well explain is what we need in this forum and have them post @ the sticky section for other to find easy. I just have you add it to my MENTOR's list, beside VIZ also, that I haven't seen him around also Blade. But some one need to make a good and well explain guide about OC this board like for my self I'm new in this type of board, and as my signature stay look for a good MENTOR, thx PRAZ.
    "I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.".

Hello

You're welcome Veterant. Raja will most likely be doing some of his excellent guides when time permits. He has been really covered up with other things. And sorry for not getting back to your previous question. I am still active with OCZ.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array The Veterant PC Specs
    The Veterant PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS-X99-Deluxe,Bios-3101
    ProcessorIntel- i7 5960X, OC-4.5Ghz @1.280V, Xeon e5 2696 V4
    Memory (part number)F4-2800C15Q2-128GRKD @15-15-15-35-2T
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 980 HC - BC@ 1550Mhz
    MonitorASUS ROG Swif - PG278Q
    Storage #1400GB Intel 750 NVMe PCI-e SSD
    Storage #2512GB Samsung XP941-M.2 Pci-e SSD
    CPU CoolerEK Elite Supremacy W/ AquaComputer AirPlex Rad.
    CaseOsidian 650D
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Gaming
    Mouse SENSEI - 62150
    Headset Logitech Sound System
    OS Windows 10 Pro in a UEFI setup
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U firw.84950

Hey guy off the topic what happens to the person @ OCZ forum Revogirl, I know she pass away, but how it happens guy.
    "I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.".

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

From the front page version of this guide

http://rog.asus.com/365052014/overcl...x-5930k-5820k/

Spot anything wrong?

Attachment 41923

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

You'll have to tell Rich that's his pic, not mine. I only provided the text

Hello

I've been testing 2800MHz memory speed using the 100 strap. The R5E is fully capable of using this divider with the 100 strap but it should not be expected to be plug n' play. DRAM, VCCSA, cache and CPU voltages will most likely need to be adjusted with most systems. Also adjusting one voltage may result in one or more of the other voltages no longer being at an optimal value. So expect a lot of bouncing back and forth between the various voltages.The capability of the IMC will also play a part in this. But once everything is dialed in 2800MHz is possible even with tightened timings as shown below. For the amount of work involved I suggest staying with the 125 strap. The only real difference will be needing to use offset voltage for the CPU instead of adaptive which should not be a deal breaker for most.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2800.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	481.5 KB 
ID:	41995

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Put your system back to default clocks. Then run Realbench 2.2 again. If you can finish it, then your BSOD was caused by an unstable overclock. If you get BSOD like before., then it points to a software or installation problem.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast