cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kitguru:2014 Seasonic X-Series 1,050 Watt XM2 power supply review

01_Wolverine
Level 12
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/seasonic-x-series-1050w-power-supply-ss-1050...

Quote:

We also tested the Seasonic X-Series 1050W XM2 with two overclocked Nvidia Titan Black graphics cards, and a high end 4790k system, overclocked to 4.8ghz and it was rock solid over the course of several days intensive testing. The pure modular design will also ensure a neat and tidy build, especially with a windowed panel.
You will be able to pick up the new SS-1050XM2 power supply later this week in the United Kingdom for around the £170 inc vat mark. Just make sure you are buying the newer XM2 supply because we checked today and some UK stores are still selling the older model.

Pros:
quiet
rock solid.
fully modular.
built to handle high end Crossfire and SLi systems.
delivered almost 1,200 watts before shutting down.
Cons:
The gold colour scheme seems to split opinion.
an ‘XM2′ sticker on the box would help the consumer.
8 REPLIES 8

Chino wrote:
Seasonic units have always been the cream of the crop.

Yes Chino , they are the best.I really posted this so the enthusiast purchasing

a new 1050 gold would get the new updated model and not the old style.

I really like the new black modular cables too!

Here are some more tests

http://www.kitguru.net/category/components/power-supplies/

Seasonic Platinum Fanless 520W Power Supply Review
Seasonic Platinum 1200W Modular Power Supply Review
Seasonic X-Series 460W Fanless Power Supply Review
Seasonic X-Series 1250W Power Supply Review

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

X-ROG
Level 15
Ohh definitely reading this. My 5 year old X-Series 750 just died. 😞

EDIT: OMG what's with the Gold?? They used to be matt black 😞 Also Seasonic need to sort out their website. It's not been updated since 90s?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Ohh definitely reading this. My 5 year old X-Series 750 just died. 😞

EDIT: OMG what's with the Gold?? They used to be matt black 😞 Also Seasonic need to sort out their website. It's not been updated since 90s?

Go to their USA one instead. They update that one frequently and has all of their latest products. 🙂

i have to apologize to the ROG members of the fact that when Seasonic makes psu's for other manufacturers that the

quality of the units are not the same, I thought they were,my bad

Kitguru Quote:

This is not the first time we have reviewed one of the latest Platinum XP3 supplies from Seasonic. We looked at the Seasonic Platinum 1200W back in May, and also the Cooler Master V1200 Platinum – which used the same Seasonic design. All three power supplies exhibit very similar results, the Seasonic units use higher grade Nippon Chemi Con capacitors in the primary stage. Seasonic adopted a triple 390uF 420V capacitor configuration in their 1200W supply, while the Cooler Master 1200W unit incorporates a single 390uf 420V capacitor with two lesser 330uF 420V capacitors.

The Seasonic Platinum 1050WXP3 uses three Nippon Chemi Con 105c 330uF 420V capacitors and in our tests it was actually able to deliver 1,200Watts of power before shutting down. This is a remarkable result and bodes well if you are running close to the 1000W redline under load. Seasonic are clearly over specifiying these units which is commendable, especially as we often see corners being cut by competitors.

We also have to compliment Seasonic on their use of premium grade Sanyo Denki Fans in this range of power supplies. They are exceptionally quiet while producing high levels of air when needed. The new hysteresis mode means it is actually likely to be stationary when the system is idle or even under modest load.

The Seasonic Platinum 1050WXP3 Modular Power Supply is available in the United Kingdom from Scan for £196.36 inc vat. At this price it should be making the final shortlist for a new high end Crossfire or SLi system build.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, I have a X1250...I am glad it is hidden in my bench...colours are not good...not really gold more cat-vomit...part of the reason I like the 1200 platinum more