cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leroy Iteration 3

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
So the time is almost at hand where Leeroy gets updated to his Mk 3 State and I seek advice on my build to confirm things will work out in the real world as much as they do in my head.

Before I begin I need to clarify a few things, I am (Not am not) a tech myself so if you give advice please do it in a manner that tells why. For example if you suggest a part tell me why it is better than my current option don't just tell me it's better or that you would choose it over mine. I live in Australia so ideally if you want to provide links please link to Australian sites (like pccasegear.com)

Ok with that out of the way let's get to the fun stuff

Case: Thermaltake level 10 GT
Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator GT (Already own this)
Hard Drives: 2x 2tb Western Digital Black
1x 1tb WD Green
1x 1tb Samsung
(Already own all of those)
SSD: Intel 520 Series 500gb (Already Own This)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Phobus (Already own this but considering swapping for ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 Sound Card thoughts?)
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics Card: ASUS DIRECTCU II GTX 780ti
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H105
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
PSU: Seasonic XP-1200 Platinum 1200W

Leeroy's main use is gaming and he runs Windows 7, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and critiques on my build. Also even if I have marked the part as me already owning it feel free to make suggestions as it's no issue for me to change or buy new parts.

Thanks in Advance guys.
11 REPLIES 11

kkn
Level 14
ram = 1 kit?
or mixed ram ?

It was 1 kit.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Any other comments? Suggestions? Queries?

kkn
Level 14
personaly i have to say not from me.
from what i can see its ok to go.
but go to corsair and o their memory calc and see if it supports the memory you have.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Thanks Guys, apologies for not replying sooner I kind of forgot about this thread XD

Kkn I am unsure what you mean about the corsair memory calc supporting my memory? If I can buy it as a single kit in that size surely it works? Or am I misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me? Which is quite possible since I just finished work

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If you go to the Corsair site and use their memory database you can see if that memory has been tested with that MB and proven to be compatible...

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
I'm sorry to ask but could you send me a link? I had a look over the corsair website and can't find it (Probably right in front of my face)

I have to wonder though why they would sell a 16gb kit if it's not compatible? Surely they would test this before they start trying to market it. Although that would be logical and we seldom follow logic in the tech industry.

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything just trying to make sense of it within my own head.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm used to be called the Corsair Ram Configurator....can't see the usual link...

Here is one though...search by kit no...

http://www2.corsair.com/retailer/default.aspx?rid=13251

Sure, it's not exhaustive and definitive.

Ram is usually made for a certain platform and sometimes that means that even though you'd think it would plug and play, ram does not transfer well.