cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ASUS laptop RMA usually take so long?

BlasterX
Level 7
I have sent my G56JR laptop to repair last Sunday because it had tons of issues, like BSOD every 10 min, drivers which I reinstalled but didn't do anything, no sound and Windows stuck in Windows automatic repair loop the second time, but couldn't fix it back, so I eventually had to send it to RMA (which is the second time after replacing the hard drive and reinstalling OS), and the service staff said it's just a problem with Windows, which I agree, and he said would look if re-installing would fix it.
BUT he said it takes about 3-5 days for service, and after 7 days still no word and the repair status not finished yet :mad:

I live in Taiwan, and I sent it to the nearest Asus Royal Club. The previous time I sent my laptop to RMA was on 9th July, because my laptop had to much BSOD mostly erroring "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" and something with file allocation (I wonder if memory if faulty?), and that time ASUS replaced the hard drive, but just after I went back home, while I was setting up Windows 8.1 again, the darn BSOD's appeared again, and this time they appeared more often and made matters worse! And that wasted me 1 week! 😞

So, I know I requested to reset BIOS this time (which manufacturers should be able to do), which I either stupidly set up or was there at the beginning. I'm starting school tomorrow and need my laptop!! It shouldn't take more than 5 days to open the laptop and reset the BIOS jumper or taking about the CMOS battery for a minute and reinstalling Windows! Should at least further contact me if they found the problem is lying elsewhere.

Q: Does anyone who sent their notebooks for RMA in past know how long it took to finish?

----
For the Asus staff in this forum, please check RMA service number: TWAB483477
I don't feel contacting with telephone, because language is in Mandarin and I don't want to contact wrong kind of service.

Thank you very much.
Owner of an Asus G56JR
7 REPLIES 7

chrsplmr
Level 18
BlasterX .. Welcome to ROG.Each Country/Region has it's own RMA way of doing things.On the forum we usually point to PM'ing @cl_Albert to see whathe could do .. I don't know if it will help with you in Taiwan ..maybe worth a shot.I would contace the service staff again in the beginning of the week ..sometimes 'the guy on the phone' isn't on the same page as the 'tech that is fixing it' ...Best of Luck .. Keep us posted. .c.

chrsplmr wrote:
BlasterX .. Welcome to ROG.Each Country/Region has it's own RMA way of doing things.On the forum we usually point to PM'ing @cl_Albert to see whathe could do .. I don't know if it will help with you in Taiwan ..maybe worth a shot.I would contace the service staff again in the beginning of the week ..sometimes 'the guy on the phone' isn't on the same page as the 'tech that is fixing it' ...Best of Luck .. Keep us posted. .c.

Thank you for your advice. But gladly, I could get information on the RMA, and the rep said they replaced the motherboard and were testing and fixing other issues.
Owner of an Asus G56JR

chrsplmr
Level 18
Awesome... please keep us posted. Best of Luck. .c.

BlasterX
Level 7
Come on Asus!

It's already over 10 days, and still no message about my laptop repaired. 😞

I don't want to use my desktop for months, I want my sexy laptop!
Owner of an Asus G56JR

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi, please PM me the information you gave to our service team: full name, RMA number, serial number and any if name/contact info of people you're currently working with.

I would suggest you think in working days, not including weekends.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Hi, please PM me the information you gave to our service team: full name, RMA number, serial number and any if name/contact info of people you're currently working with.

I would suggest you think in working days, not including weekends.

Thankfully, the notebook has been completed RMA process at Thursday, so thanks for your help!

-I had it sent on Sunday, so it was 5 working days, plus another 4 days at this week.
Owner of an Asus G56JR

takes me about 2 weeks to send it in and the time i get it in the mail. about 3-6 days its sits in repairing status on the asus rma status website.