cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Win7 Drivers problems/ UEFI Qestions

Xeros
Level 7
Hi, I wanted to get rid of Windows 8.1 for 7 yesterday. While knowing nothing about UEFI it was quite a challenge learning everything about it. I then been able to install it while still keeping a GPT partitions since I wanted to keep my backups on my second partitions.

My first problem is that it still find Windows 8.1 in the bootloader and want to get rid of it. I know that it probably reside in the MSR partition but I don't wanna delete it because I'm still quite new to UEFI and don't wanna delete the bootloader or someting if that make sense. Also my partions are quite a mess, when I tried to Install Win 7, it told me that my GPT where not in recommended order but it still went fine.

Based on the following screenshot, I would like to know how to get rid of 8.1 showing up and if there is anything I can do to make my partitions more simple without having to delete everything. (Except reinstalling Windows 7 which is not a problem)

My last problem is I followed one of the guide here for installing my drivers for Windows 7 by disabling Windows Defender but during the last step to uncheck Windows Defender related things in Autorun, they are not there to be seen thus cannot install my Wireless drivers and probably more.

How can I solve this please?
0 REPLIES 0