Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    Hi Raja what do I need to do in Bios to set up the M.2 Pci-e ssd using the on board slot of the Rampage V Extreme to make it the boot drive using Windows OS. I'm using one of the drives that is on the QVL. I'm just not sure what I need to change. and second is there a Manual or guide for the OC panel that comes with the Rampage V extreme the motherboard manual has only a brief explaination of the panel but no details and I have look high and low on here and the support pages with no luck. Thanks
    This depends on the m.2 drive used. If the drive has its own boot firmware then simply install to it. If it does not you will need to perform a got install. You do that by selecting the install drive option tat has a uefi prefix.

There I an 4.2 ghz I guide on overclock.net that I posted. Its a simple guide that tells you what to change and what to do if the system is not stable at that frequency. I'm on a mobile phone right now so perhaps someone on a desktop can link it for you here.

Hello

4.2GHz OC Guide, first post.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1510328/a...-north-america

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hi Praz Thank you for the link. I wasn't asking for a OC Guide I was really looking for a guide or Manual for the hand held/5.25 drive bay Overclocking Panel that comes with the RVE. I'm not sure if Raja miss understood me or read the post wrong being on his phone.
    The other question I asked him was about the on board Pci-e M.2 ssd slot on the Rampage V Extreme what I have to do to make it a boot drive for the OS. In the answer he said it depends on if the drive has it's own boot firmware, I'm using the Samsung XP941 M.2 128GB That is on the QVL does this drive have it's own boot firmware?? and if it doesn't Raja said I need to do a got install by selecting the drive option that has a UEFI prefix. Where is this done? Is it an option while doing the OS install or is it a bios option I have never heard of a (got) install before I'm totally lost at this point. Can you give me a step by step repy on what I need to do to make this M.2 ssd a boot drive. Thanks for your Help Praz this new tech on the M.2 I believe is confusing a lot of users form what I have read online but seems that it'shard to get help with it. Thanks Steve

Hello

OC Panel info can be found at the link below. The XP941 is an OEM drive and does not come with the necessary drivers for installing as a boot drive. You will need to perform the install as Raja stated above. During POST press "F8" and select your install media that is prefaced with UEFI. If that doesn't work in the motherboard's BIOS set CSM to disable and repeat the "F8" step.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/OC_Panel/overview/

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

OC Panel info can be found at the link below. The XP941 is an OEM drive and does not come with the necessary drivers for installing as a boot drive. You will need to perform the install as Raja stated above. During POST press "F8" and select your install media that is prefaced with UEFI. If that doesn't work in the motherboard's BIOS set CSM to disable and repeat the "F8" step.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/OC_Panel/overview/
    Thanks Praz, I hate to be a pain but I'm a newbie to the UEFI bios and have only built 2 systems with the old bios. When you say select my install media do you mean the drive I want to install the OS on or the OS itself? When I do F8 where is the option to pick the install media? I plan on installing the OS from my DVD drive. What does CSM stand for and where is it located?

As for the OC Panel I have that info in the manual what I was looking for is info about the panels operating options like if I use the fan connections that are on the panel what option do have, are they the same as if I hooked a fan directly to the motherboard? Thanks Steve

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

When you see the ASUS logo during boot, spam the F8 key.

You will see a window pop up like the one below. You will see two options for your DVD drive. Pick the one that has UEFI in the beginning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141024_23504812.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	42637

As for the CSM option, you can find it in the Boot tab under CSM (Compatibility Support Module) section.

Name:	141025003805.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	42638

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    When you see the ASUS logo during boot, spam the F8 key.

You will see a window pop up like the one below. You will see two options for your DVD drive. Pick the one that has UEFI in the beginning.

Name:	20141024_23504812.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	42637

As for the CSM option, you can find it in the Boot tab under CSM (Compatibility Support Module) section.

Name:	141025003805.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	42638
    Ok thanks but I wouldn't select the dvd Optical drive would I? The DVD optical drive is just what I'm using to install the OS to the my Samsung X941 Pci-e SSD M.2 drive which will be the boot drive so I would select the UEFI Samsumg x941 Pci-e ssd that is in the M.2 slot as the Boot device correct? Thanks again Steve

Pick the entry that has UEFI in front of your DVD optical drive to start the installation for Windows.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Pick the entry that has UEFI in front of your DVD optical drive to start the installation for Windows.
    Thanks Chino, I have one more problem there is only 2 usb 2.0 connections on the RVE in the manual they refrence a usb 2.0 Module that can be bought seperately I have searched the Asus web site but can't find it. Do you know where I can buy it or should I just use the one made by NZXT? Thanks Steve

You can use any USB 2.0 module. It doesn't necessarily have to be the one from ASUS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast