cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750jm & planet side 2 - only 10 fps average?

jeepaholic95
Level 7
New member and first post on the forums so i hope i don't goof too bad. I am trying to run planet side 2 on the g750jm with the Nvidia Geforce gtx 860m, and doing so unsuccessfully. However i do not understand the cause of the issue i can run battlefield 4, Cod BO 2, and Skyrim all on ultra or high settings without a problem. Now when i try to run planet side 2 i get and average fps of 10 thus making the game unplayable. Thanks for any and all help in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Extrymas21
Level 7
Hello. Do you have ~10fps all the time in the game or only in some places? Maybe you tracked a temperatures while playing?

jeepaholic95
Level 7
Yes it runs between 10-15 fps however my gpu temp is only hitting 45*c. After playing around with the settings i was able to run it at around 45-55 fps with everything either on the lowest setting or turned off. What is confusing is this is the only game that gives me any problems. I don't under stand how i can run Bf4, Bo2, WoW, Skyrim, Max Payne, etc... with settings on either high or ultra with very good fps but then have problems with planetside 2?

Sinless
Level 10
I think the intel graphics are being used as GPU for that game, not the 860m. Check your Nvidia Optimus settings.
Asus G75VW-RS72 :cool:
Old reliable Qosmio X305

jeepaholic95
Level 7
Went through the Nvidia control panel and changed the preferred gpu to the Nvidia already.