cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q issues with BF4

Rogue784
Level 7
Hey all,
Have been trying to get battlefield 4 to work for the past 2 days now with my pg278q. When I load the game fps drops to 1-2 and cannot get in to a game both in campaign and multiplayer. Every other Game I have tested works fine...CoD Ghost, crysis 3, diablo 3, ac 4 etc. I'm hoping it's just driver issues and won't have to send it in. Below are my specs.

I7 4930k
32gb ram
2x gtx 780ti sc
Asus rampage iv black edition
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15
Not sure if this is still the case but the last time I played BF4, I heard that an update had basically destroyed SLI gameplay.

It's a bug in origin. Disable "Origin in game" setting and you should be fine. I had this problem to.
CPU: 4930K Watercooled.
MB: Rampage IV Formula.
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz.
GPU: Asus GTX Titan SLI.
PSU: Fortron Aurum 1000W.
Cabinet: Silverstone Raven 3.
Sound: Audio-GD DAC.

Rogue784
Level 7
Ok I will try that when I get off work. Thanks guys!

kkn
Level 14
last DLC and origin patch ( month or so back ) effed things up and went back to last pre patch.

Rogue784
Level 7
So gsync and the rog pg278q have nothing to do with this issue in bf4?

Kronvict
Level 9
For me it seems that i have SLI stuttering issues when my BF4 is running at 100+ fps so i decided to test setting the fps capped to 85fps ingame and BF4 was running smooth as butter with SLI and G-sync. This is the only game that it happens to even with origin in game off so i wonder and hope its a driver bug that nvidia can have worked out because i play more on BF4 than any other game.

kkn
Level 14
can be the "mantle" thats fking things too, but thats just my head.
if you have CTE instaled, try and play that since its more stable then the vanilla ( original ) is buggy as he||

Kronvict
Level 9
You have a good point there about mantle messing things up maybe. I totally forgot about CTE thanks for reminding me. Ill give that a try and if there is a difference in performance.