cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x99 Deluxe and 3 way SLi

smartikat
Level 7
Can someone explain to me the recommended slots to use for 3 way SLi under the new X99 Deluxe? I am reusing my 3xTitan from my Rampage Extreme Black to x99 Deluxe. I have EK waterblocks and Bridge installed, and they are evenly spaced, and were running at 16/16/8 on the Black Board.

But some how, the new X99 board is telling me that to get to 16/16/8 speed, I need to use Slow 1, 3, and 5! And if you look at the board spacing 1, 3, and 5 will make a very strange spacing, the waterblock's bridge will not work, the nice EVGA 3 way SLI connector won't work. The spacking between 1 and 3 is HUGE (there is this 4x slot and a slot in between slot 1 and 3) So, I am stuck using 1, 2, and 4, and stuck under 8/8/8 speed. Whoever designing this needs to get a big smack on the head.

So, please tell me that I can adjust the speed under the BIOS (which is not possible at this moment).
6 REPLIES 6

_lt___gt_
Level 7
EVGA's Pro 3-way SLI bridge will work with 2 slot spacing videocards. You can either go with the ASUS's included SLI bridge, or install your cards in slots 1, 2, and 4, but you'll end up running your cards in 16x+8x+8x mode.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

This is dependent on the CPU you have. With 40 PCIe lane slots 1, 3 and 5 can be used for x16, x16, x8 or slots 1, 2 and 4 for x8, x8, x8. With a 28 lane CPU slots 1, 2 and 4 only for x8, x8, x8.

Praz wrote:
Hello

This is dependent on the CPU you have. With 40 PCIe lane slots 1, 3 and 5 can be used for x16, x16, x8 or slots 1, 2 and 4 for x8, x8, x8. With a 28 lane CPU slots 1, 2 and 4 only for x8, x8, x8.

My issue is not what CPU. I have 5960x. The problem at hand is that the spacing of the recommended slots (1, 3, 5) are un-uniform. This resulting in having to use the "Flexible" 3 way SLi cable and throw away the nice clean EK waterblock bridge. Just a fair warning to all those users out there using 3 way SLi, you either use 8/8/8 or have the system under some weird spacing with some "hack" together links to the waterblocks. For the past 5+ years, this is the first motherboard I've used that the optimal 3 way SLi slots are under a 4 way SLi spacing.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Weird! Just been looking at that manual and the RVE manual...both have strange combinations listed...RVE has tri SLI as x16x8x8 whereas RIVBE was x16x8x16....deluxe seems to have same x16x8x8 if you go with PCIe slots 1,3,5 :confused:

lordofwater
Level 9
so you think that Asus X99 Deluxe and the Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme are considerated a hardcore gamers motherboards right?

Well I couldn't 4 the RVE, either the egg to slow making request for need it merchandize or ASUS to slow making them. But I went ahead and bought the X99 Deluxe with the King and not Lebron James, with the i7 5960X the PAPI of CPUs, along with that some Vengeance 16GB 2666Mhz 1.2 volt Mem so I got my purchase and I'm waiting to decide to buy a TITAN Black or wait for the GTX 980, but I need to put together this setup to test it and see if everything is working before the 30 days period cause that egg don't let PUERTO RICO people buy extended warranty that's sucks!. But anyways that's how American Companies treat American Soldier down here in PR after defended their democracy for them have a comfort live while sleep, that's sucks too. "Such is Live". ha ha ha LOL.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄