cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q Turbo key

DeviiL
Level 7
Hi, got my new PG278Q yesterday and am very happy for the most part. The only thing so far I found kinda weird was the turbo key. It does not seem to work properly, I press it and it only shows the current refresh rate. It does not cycle the available refresh rates as advertised. I tried with the moving cursor and in several games but the result is always the same.
Is this a driver problem or a hardware problem?
PS: Thank you Asus for developing a 2560x1440 3D Vision monitor 😄 been waiting for this a long time.
16 REPLIES 16

Rogue784
Level 7
I have had the same issue where I would have to press it a couple times till it would switch while at the desktop. When in game it works better. One press would show the current refresh rate and pressing again would cycle through. Is that what you are experiencing?

Justinian
Level 7
Uhhh... if the light is red it means its going at 120 or 144hz right? How do I know if GSYNC is on? I am dumb.

But... no dead pixels so thats good!

Red led means G-Sync is on.
No in my case no matter how many times I press turbo key it just shows current refresh rate. Either on windows desktop or in games.

DeviiL wrote:
Red led means G-Sync is on.
No in my case no matter how many times I press turbo key it just shows current refresh rate. Either on windows desktop or in games.

Exact same problem here, if i cut the power to the monitor by unplugging the power brick and wait for a few seconds, the monitor resets and that gets the turbo key going too, its still no consistent solution though.

Another thing that happened was that i could change the refresh rate with the turbo key but i remained at it's old value in the driver which caused massive stuttering and glitching.

Alot of people have been talking about the recent Nvidia drivers being the main cause of the problems, but i'm not sure if new drivers would be able to fix this issue.

I'm starting to think that the thing is just defective tbh.

kkn
Level 14
on static desktop you have to have movement to change hz.
like in game.
or else you cant change hz.

kkn wrote:
on static desktop you have to have movement to change hz.
like in game.
or else you cant change hz.

Thats the thing. In my case, I cannot change the refresh rate using the turbo button no matter what. I tried with movement, without movement, in game, videos playing, etc. I can keep pressing the turbo key all night and all it does is show me the current refresh rate.
I just wanted to know if this is a somewhat common problem or if it was a problem with my unit and should be reported to Asus.
Thank you.

when i first connected my screen, it was detected as a standard PnP monitor in the device manager. the turbo key didn't work.

after i downloaded the driver and manually updated it through the device manager and did a clean installation of the latest nvidia drivers, everything works fine, even in desktop mode.

you might want to try that.

skuko wrote:
when i first connected my screen, it was detected as a standard PnP monitor in the device manager. the turbo key didn't work.

after i downloaded the driver and manually updated it through the device manager and did a clean installation of the latest nvidia drivers, everything works fine, even in desktop mode.

you might want to try that.

I did install the Asus driver. Did not reinstall nvidia drivers, everything was working properly except the turbo key. Have to try that.
Thanks.

Fatchicken
Level 7
They say that 337.88 should be most suitable atm because any driver version after that glitches with 144hz, even so, after installing that driver the problem with the turbo key persists.