Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no 120hz or 144hz options on Rog Swift?

whatwhatheyo
Level 7
I have a ATI 6990.

Latest AMD beta drivers.

Both Catalyst and windows only let me set 60, 85 or 100hz as display options.

Any idea how to fix?

Also, pressing the turbo button has no effect, regardless of how many times. It just says the current frame rate- it wont cycle.

Screenshot here: http://d.pr/i/4BFG/42Mu6O9z

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

kkn
Level 14
its amd.
swift is made for nvidia cards.
take a look in the amd tread in this section.
see if that helps you.

Its not "for nvidia" - some features are, yes.

But a Asus rep said point blank that 144hz will work for all users, not just nvidia users.

So with that, can a Asus rep please comment on why I cannot obtain past 100hz?

Thanks

NavasC
Level 7
AMD has had some wide spread issues running the monitor past 120 Hz. Some cards can't get higher than 85. Similar users report having that problem but switching to Nvidia let them get to 144 Hz just fine. I think it may be a driver limitation on AMD's side for the time being, although technically the monitor *does* work for AMD..

NavasC wrote:
AMD has had some wide spread issues running the monitor past 120 Hz. Some cards can't get higher than 85. Similar users report having that problem but switching to Nvidia let them get to 144 Hz just fine. I think it may be a driver limitation on AMD's side for the time being, although technically the monitor *does* work for AMD..

Any links to threads discussing this?

whatwhatheyo wrote:
Any links to threads discussing this?

Try any of the half dozen ATI threads in this own forum.

Chino wrote:
Try configuring a custom resolution profile.

...how? Dont even know what that is

Ive tried everything, including just running the monitor by itself and changing the cable to a brand new one.

Still, no 120 or 144hz options appear. The only hope I have is that Catalyst says it reports it /can/ do 144hz.

http://d.pr/i/84Jq/5m9HmkiY

Still no way to set it past 100hz in catalyst nor windows desktop.

Also, turbo button has still never worked.

DeXZoR
Level 10
I have the same problem GTX680. Somtimes in the NVIDIA Contorl panel i sett it to 144hz (somtimes i do not even show the option for 144hz only 120) and it ok but somtimes randomly it goins donw to 120hz and dosen even tell me about it . Can it be that my poor GTX680 cant handel it

Running GTX 680 and
Monitor 1: ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG278Q
Monitor 2: ASUS 27" PB278Q PLS 2560x1440
Monitor 3: ASUS 27" PB278Q PLS 2560x1440