cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing video card+woofer eye problem on G750JM

pitiku91
Level 7
hello. i have a asus G750JM with a GTX860M and i was wondering if i can replace it with a GTX880M from a 750JZ. also i seem to have a bit of a problem with my laptop, more specifically the woofer stops playing when i listen to some track for periods of 5-10s then starts playing again and stops again. any idea about this thing also? i run Win 7 on it with the drivers downloaded from Asus site.
thank you!
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
pitiku91 wrote:
hello. i have a asus G750JM with a GTX860M and i was wondering if i can replace it with a GTX880M from a 750JZ. also i seem to have a bit of a problem with my laptop, more specifically the woofer stops playing when i listen to some track for periods of 5-10s then starts playing again and stops again. any idea about this thing also? i run Win 7 on it with the drivers downloaded from Asus site.
thank you!

pitiku91, you can't swap video cards between models, or upgrade CPU's.

The JZ/JH are larger physically and have a different layout inside to accommodate the 880m/780m, along with more power to support them.

There is a straight forward path to upgrade the JM to a JZ. Sell the JM, and then buy the JZ - you can swap memory, disk, optical drive, ssd upgrades and boot volumes from the JM onto the JZ to preserve your environment and migrate those upgrades.

There are lots of threads on how to set the level of the Subwoofer so you don't over drive it - it is a short excursion / throw sub so it can be "bottomed out" easily at the stock 100% sub level setting, try 65% and set slider 31 for MaxxAudio Equalizer down a bit.

Search the forum for questions before posting, there is a large history of useful info already asked and answered.