cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No XMP option in bios

Waldrom
Level 7
Hi,

I have built a new pc yesterday, everything seems to work fine, just having issues enabling XMP in bios. In every guide or forum post i could find there are 3 options in Ai overclock tuner, auto, manual and XMP, for me on the other hand there are only two auto and manual. Tried updating bios over EZ update, no update was needed. This is my build:

Case: Corsair Carbide 500r
Memory: KINGSTON 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM (Kit of 2) HyperX Fury
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)
Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX 750M Watt Modular Power Supply
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 250GB SSD
MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VII Ranger
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770

I know it is possible to set everything up in manual mode, but had trouble finding exact settings needed for this kind of ram (the sticker on the sticks has no information on the matter). Used this post for reference:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39185-Memory-Setup-Guide-For-Maximus-VI-Motherboards
It has been a while since my last build, so any kind of help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Praz
Level 13
Hello

HyperX Fury normally does not contain any XMP profiles. If this is the case with your set there will be no XMP option in the UEFI.

Waldrom
Level 7
That explains a lot. Thanks for the quick reply, ill try checking with Kingston.

Waldrom wrote:
That explains a lot. Thanks for the quick reply, ill try checking with Kingston.

No need to. The Fury modules are designed to run at their rated frequencies thus there is no XMP option.

Praz
Level 13
You're welcome. 🙂