Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Ares III

randyenergy
Level 10
6 REPLIES 6

kkn
Level 14
you beat me to it..........................

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Now that block is seXXXy!!! damn them only releasing 500, i'd have to sell myself to afford one :cool:

Sam_Nicko
Level 7
ONly 500 ARES III, Outstanding GPU! my wallet is icthiiii lol

X-ROG
Level 15
Note on overclocking a dual R9 290X:

Every extra 30 MHz over stock generates ~40W of heat, so two cores = 80W (that's even before adding voltage). Therefore, watercooling is the only way to really, really push a dual R9 290X card. And you should add the biggest rad you can fit!

That's why we conservatively clock it out the box, because we don't know if users WCing kit can handle high OC. But users should be able to OC as far as their WCing kit and PSU (and cores) can take it. They PCB design won't be the limit.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Note on overclocking a dual R9 290X:

Every extra 30 MHz over stock generates ~40W of heat, so two cores = 80W (that's even before adding voltage). Therefore, watercooling is the only way to really, really push a dual R9 290X card. And you should add the biggest rad you can fit!

That's why we conservatively clock it out the box, because we don't know if users WCing kit can handle high OC. But users should be able to OC as far as their WCing kit and PSU (and cores) can take it. They PCB design won't be the limit.

What PSU would you recommend for a none/small OC on the card ?
I know ASUS wrote the minimum would be 1000W but do you think the AXi860W would be enough ? or would i need to go buy a 1000w PSU?

Thanks in advance

Cheers.