cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q sticker on box QC PASSED?

xCrazYx
Level 7
So I got my second PG278Q in from Amazon and found something different than the first one I bought.

There was a sticker under a second layer of clear tape labelled QC PASSED. I appears that the original ASUS tape was opened and then resealed with clear with this sticker in between.

Can you tell me what this means? Is it a refurb? Did Amazon open it and test it or what is the scoop?

Other than that I am in love with these monitors so please let me know ASUS!
6 REPLIES 6

xCrazYx
Level 7
No one has any idea what these mean?

xCrazYx
Level 7
I got that..... I want to know if this was sent back to Amazon because someone else didnt want it or if Asus selectively pulls some for testing.....

Boatkettlechees
Level 7
I had a QC on mine too but found it to have an issue when running in 3d the image breaks up into strips as the thread in this forum details. This could be what is happening but it doesn't sound right for a company to do. But then again I've bought an already used (brand new) windows before so you never know(not from Amazon). You should check out the monitor in 3D and see if you have lines; if you do that's probably why it was returned. It would make sense since it appears some are less sensitive to issues than others.

xCrazYx
Level 7
I would really love a response from ASUS on this matter. I will be sending it back and looking for a different monitor if I cannot get an answer.

asg266
Level 7
I had a QC pass sticker on mine and found the monitor to have a dead pixel. I would be annoyed if these are returned models.