cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to burn recovery disk - G75VW-BBK5

kjun14
Level 7
I'll start out by saying I am a BIG FOOL for not reading the "Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75" guide here on the forums prior to tinkering with the laptop.

I have a G75VW-BBK5 with a Samsung SSD installed as the OS drive and the stock 1TB HDD that came with the laptop as a secondary storage drive. I purchased this computer late 2012 and had no issues until last week. My computer stopped booting up from the SSD OS drive and would only boot up from the 1TB HDD.

I foolishly thought that maybe it was time for a reformat. So I removed the 1TB hdd and left the SSD drive connected to do a fresh windows installation. Well I mistakenly deleted the incorrect partition on the SSD and am now left with a blank SSD drive. I thought that's okay, I'll make a recovery disk from the 1TB hdd because Windows will still boot up from the hdd (I never deleted the OS files.)

When I try to burn the recovery disc using ASUS AI Recovery v1.0.27 I keep getting a error code:0xeb020be2 and the recovery disks will not burn. Same issue arises when I try to burn the individual ISO files to a DVD. So I put the ISO files on a flash drive, went over to my brothers who has a Dell laptop and burned the ISO files on to 3 separate DVD's.

I started the computer, spammed the ESC button, put recovery disc 1 into the drive and booted from the dvd drive. Instead of going to a Windows installation screen, the computer just boots up to the Windows login screen.

I was able to install windows 7 to the SSD drive but once I log in I am unable to connect to the internet to download drivers because the ethernet card is not recognized and I do not have working recovery disks to install drivers.

So where I am at now:
No recovery disks
Booting windows 7 off of the 1TB hdd
SSD drive with windows installed but no drivers available

Could anyone please help me out?? Thank you so much!
4 REPLIES 4

rewben
Level 13
since you can boot the laptop to windows off the hdd, you can just grab the drivers from asus support page (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/HelpDesk_Download/), then boot to windows in the ssd and install them.

rewben wrote:
since you can boot the laptop to windows off the hdd, you can just grab the drivers from asus support page (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/HelpDesk_Download/), then boot to windows in the ssd and install them.

Wow, that seems so obvious, how did I not think of that before? 😕

Thank you for the help! Much appreciated!

rewben
Level 13
haha sometimes things like this do happen 🙂

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Here's a working copy of the "AI Recovery Disk Burner Utility" >>>>>>>>AI Recovery Burner Version1.0.28
This will work on drives over 500GB, the older versions had problems working on drives over 500

BTW....I used the version to successfully install to a "new SSD", it worked like a charm, no problems!
Here's a YouTube video showing how it works (Look at 5:30 minutes into video)>>>>>Asus G75VW SSD/HDD Installation Tutorial
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"