cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gx500

songb1rd
Level 7
Anybody know when this notebook will be available?
58 REPLIES 58

esfomeado
Level 7
End of September/ early October.

esfomeado wrote:
End of September/ early October.

I'd imagine it depends a lot what market area we are talking here...

PrettyVacant wrote:
I'd imagine it depends a lot what market area we are talking here...

Yeah sure but in USA that are the predictions.

in for answers

looking to order/ preorder the gx500!!!

CzesioSiano
Level 7
an gaming laptop with UHD resolution, are you kidding me? how it could even be named as GAMING laptop? There's no way that this graphics could handle native resoulotion of this screen. Have fun wasting your money..

CzesioSiano wrote:
an gaming laptop with UHD resolution, are you kidding me? how it could even be named as GAMING laptop? There's no way that this graphics could handle native resoulotion of this screen. Have fun wasting your money..

Asus never said that.
You can play games if FUD. But what do you want and GTX 880m? Have you thought about the extra heat with that slim body? It would be unbearable.
People like me that want portability and yet be able to play some games will chose this laptop.
You can watch when available 4k movies without any problem.

esfomeado wrote:
Asus never said that.
You can play games if FUD. But what do you want and GTX 880m? Have you thought about the extra heat with that slim body? It would be unbearable.
People like me that want portability and yet be able to play some games will chose this laptop.
You can watch when available 4k movies without any problem.

Never said what? GX500 is tagged as GAMING laptop, well enough it's in ROG series, so it IS an gaming laptop, em, sorry, my bad, it's pseudo-gaming laptop. Yeah on scaled resolution which is bad, no thank you, this is pointless. The point is to play games in native resolution, then they look as they should be. Nah, even GTX880M can't handle UHD, even GTX770 in SLI have some issues with this resolution, so think before you waste your money. Watching movies? On 15 inch screen in UHD? Meh.. You know that you don't even notice so much diffrence between FHD and UHD on 15'? It'd be better on 52' TV but not 15' laptop...

CzesioSiano wrote:
Never said what? GX500 is tagged as GAMING laptop, well enough it's in ROG series, so it IS an gaming laptop, em, sorry, my bad, it's pseudo-gaming laptop. Yeah on scaled resolution which is bad, no thank you, this is pointless. The point is to play games in native resolution, then they look as they should be. Nah, even GTX880M can't handle UHD, even GTX770 in SLI have some issues with this resolution, so think before you waste your money. Watching movies? On 15 inch screen in UHD? Meh.. You know that you don't even notice so much diffrence between FHD and UHD on 15'? It'd be better on 52' TV but not 15' laptop...

You wanna ****ing die?

Hello ASUS ROG Team! It's been a while since you have posted any news about the GX500 monster. Today is my birthday and would be a great gift if you could give me release date of the gx500, really! 😄