cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V 6f

betaman10
Level 9
I just finished setting up my Rampage V with 5960x. All started well updated bios messed with ocing a bit. Then all of a sudden the only way I can get it to post is to reset the bios. Rebooting or going into the bios and making any change results in the 6f code and then turning off. I can boot again if reset the bios. If I switch to bios 2 it won't boot same 6f until I reset then any changes and same thing. So looks like I have a super expensive brick now. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Dan
22 REPLIES 22

Chino
Level 15

Updated bios through ez flash 2. Everything was fine after doing this and worked after changing a butch of settings. It only started failing after I shut it down for awhile and went back and changed blck to 125 and 36 multiplier. Then it started this. As for system 5960x, 32gb g skill 2400 ddr4, revodrive 350 480gb, Adaptec 6805q, gtx780ti.

Thank you,
Dan

Raja
Level 13
Is it bf or 6f? Likely bf. bf is memory related. What memory frequency are you running on 125 strap? Try setting vccsa manually to 1v as well.

Shamino
reset bios, go into setup, you will probably see capacity of dram lesser than actual. go into dram timings and see which chanel has all timings at 0, this would mean that you would need to shut down and reseat those sticks.

Well after troubleshooting ram and realizing when it did boot it only saw 24gb. Basically no matter what stick I put in memory slot b1 it doesn't see it. so yeah bad board which is awesome as everyone is sold out. Not sure what I am going to do now I guess I will see what newegg says.

Well newegg was less than helpful and said either return it for a refund or contact Asus. I guess I will have to wait until one comes in stock somewhere and just return this. It was a pita with my rampage IV Extreme getting it swapped out through Asus when the USB ports failed. I guess it is at least useable until I can find one, just with only 3 memory sticks installed. I can't use the black memory ports can I?

Thank you,

Dan

Chino
Level 15
Have you tried swapping each stick into that slot to see it it will work? Also you did not specify which cooler you are using. Please list the brand and model for me.

Yeah I tried every memory stick in that slot and no matter which one I put in there it doesn't see it. As for cooler it is a Corsair H110