cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS-DS71 Broken recovery link/messed up factory recovery options.

dvdt24
Level 7
Hi all. I accidentally messed up my boot options and am unable to boot into windows re/pe to perform the recovery. How? I tried to install windows 7 unsuccessfully and the installation failed saying there's and unsigned driver involved.

I made this attempt while trying to solve high doc/latency issues with my E1102 killer WiFi card. I don't know what's wrong. I got it installed by gentech and their customer service e hasn't replied me since a few days.

My recovery partitions and data are intact as I used a partition utility to check and explore
However the boot options are messed up.

I was wondering if anyone with strong command line knowledge could write me a batch file to fix the broken link between my boot and the recovery environment and also recovery image.

Fyi the only thing I swapped out is the WiFi card. Everything else remains the same. My drive is a sandisk OEM SSD.

If anyone could come up with a fix for my dpc problem it would be great too. But for now. One step at a time.
2 REPLIES 2

dvdt24
Level 7
Sorry I am posting from a mobile. I can still boot into windows 8.1 but it no longer see a the recovery image when I try the f9 for recovery option and asks for recovery media. Frankly its a mess up even if not a cruddy one. I am not as savvy as I used to be so hopefully the internet will bless me with a solution haha...

dvdt24 wrote:
Sorry I am posting from a mobile. I can still boot into windows 8.1 but it no longer see a the recovery image when I try the f9 for recovery option and asks for recovery media. Frankly its a mess up even if not a cruddy one. I am not as savvy as I used to be so hopefully the internet will bless me with a solution haha...

dvdt24, it looks possible to re-set the recovery info in the upgraded Windows:

Unable to use built-in ASUS recovery partition - Solved
http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39197-unable-use-built-asus-recovery-partition-2.html

Nicely stated in post 1, solution starts in post 12, when you get it sorted out after reading the thread, please post the succinct optimized instructions with images here so others can benefit too.