cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASMEDIA Sata Express ports issue

AceLucan
Level 7
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue, also hope I have posted this in the correct place.

I'm having problems with the ASMedia sata express ports on the Asus Maximus Vii formula z97 (Latest Bios)
In the manual it refers to them as Sata6G E3 & E4 Sata Express.
I cannot see any drive on those ports when pluggen in (Windows 8.1pro)
I have tried a few 6Gb/s drives without any sign of life on them. All other ports work just fine. The intel ports 1-4, Asmedia E1-E2, intel sata express 5&6 work perfectly its just the ASmedia sata express ports.
I have looked through bios and cannot see anything to enable or any part of the bios to see those drives connected to asmedia.
Am I missing something or is my asmedia sata express faulty?
I understand fully that these ports are only for data drives and should be compatible with AHCI 6Gb/s Data drives only.
Reason I need this to work is that I have 7 hard drives and 1 DVD RW. (2x SSD Raid0, 2x2TB RaiD0, 3x2TB HD)
I was under the impression this board would support 10X Sata devices?

Really appreciate if someone can help me with this Issue.
9 REPLIES 9

In BIOS, check

Advanced tab -> Onboard Devices Configuration

Devices like the Asmedia SATA controller, wireless controller, Ethernet controller and Audio are all enabled/disabled in that menu.

Jeff

Wish it was that simple:mad:

Asmedia is enabled
Asmedia storage controller sata6G_E12= Enabled

This is the only ASMedia setting I can see within bios, Judging by the E12 im guessing that refers to E1 & E2 ASMedia ports which are working anyway. Ports I require to work are E3 & E4.
As per my previous question should all 10 sata ports work?
Does anyone own this board and can tell me if they have E3 & E4 working?

Norcus
Level 8
You may need to check PCIe lane config too. Not sure but I think the Sata Express ports needs to use the same PCIe lanes as the M.2 slot.

AceLucan
Level 7
Ok that kinda makes sense, if m.2 card/WiFi card is in does it cancel the asmedia sata express. Cannot seem to find a reason why they do not work? As I said before asmedia e1 e2 work perfectly as well as intel sata express ports.

Really curious to find someone else with this board? Anyone?

Leader2light
Level 7
I am using all 8 ports with 8 disks. 1 month with no issues now. Latest bios. Hero board.

There are ASmedia drivers you may want to install.

AceLucan
Level 7
Have installed asmedia driver from asus website, all devices ok with nothing missing. Do you have drives connected to asmedia sata express?

AceLucan
Level 7
Great forum!

AceLucan
Level 7
Sarcasm!