cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menthol's RVE

Menthol
Level 14

The new heavy weight champion, No really, 10lbs. shipping weight, similar to the RIVBE that heatsink is insanely heavy.
I am so glad this arrived, I just set it up, Installed Windows, was going to update the bios with the flashback method but my board does not see any USB drive in the flashback port, so I updated it from inside UEFI. I will install a couple of graphic's cards this weekend and see what I can do with her. She is a fine piece of tech. I installed the Deluxe in my 24/7 rig, it is just such a nice system I couldn't help myself

Those RED Modules look much better on this board
28 REPLIES 28

Chino
Level 15
Yeah, the heatsink is pretty robust to withstand the punishment from overclockers. Actually even the Haswell-E CPUs feel pretty heavy compared to the mainstream CPUs.

Chino wrote:
Yeah, the heatsink is pretty robust to withstand the punishment from overclockers. Actually even the Haswell-E CPUs feel pretty heavy compared to the mainstream CPUs.

They may have the same 2011 pins but the die is huge and heavy for sure

Chino
Level 15
The two extra cores must add a few pounds to the chip. LOL By the way, very nice kit of RAM. It's got me drooling. 😛

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

meankeys
Level 13
Menthol awesome stuff. Looking good my friend. :cool:

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
(You all know the tune to the can-can yeah?) jelly....jelly, jelly, jelly..... jelly, jelly, jelly....jelly, jelly, jelly (you get the picture)

:cool:

Vlada011
Level 10
I still didn't bought waterblock Supremacy EVO. Who knows...
Maybe now some EK monoblock similar for R4E Black see daylight.

Menthol
Level 14
I have only used a 2 different XSPC blocks and this Koolance block, I have been using this same Koolance block on every platform for over a year, as WhitePaw stated somewhere once, the Nickle plating where it makes contact with the CPU has some minor pitting, but the mounting system, especially on socket 2011 seems to be very solid, big thumb nuts and strong tension springs, if you are careful and tighten evenly and correctly you get a good even connection. I prefer Prolimatech PK-1 thermal paste, it is within a degree or 2 of the best and is the easiest to apply of any I have used.

Menthol
Level 14
Added a little something to the board GTX980's