cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I always get windows defender warnings the first time I come to the site for the day

billrob
Level 7
It's weird, the domain is always some .in or .asia.

Here is latest one I got tonight.

Here is what I am seeing:

When I close my tab and open another tab, I don't have the message anymore.
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15

X-ROG
Level 15
Please let us know:

a) The exact page you went to.
b) whether you are using Chrome/IE/FF and which version.
c) If you are using Chrome, load the same tab in Incognito mode and try again please (there maybe a vulnerability in Chrome Extension Manager) to see if you get the same.

Thanks Richard.

It's the home page. http://rog.asus.com
I'm running windows 8.1 IE 11 with auto updates turned on.

It only happens sporadically and closing the tab and renavigating to the site resolves the error.

Chino, it only happens once every couple days and normally opens. I wondered if it is some bad ad tag in the system, but there are no ads on that page.

X-ROG
Level 15
Thank you we will look into it today.

billrob
Level 7
Hey Marshall, I got the error again just now. The server first returned a 500 error, then when I refreshed.

Windows Defender blocked content on this website
tfeaw.faugor.in
Hosted by: rog.asus.com

Sounds like you have a nasty malware on your computer, do a malware scan asap with the free version of malwarebyte http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I know that the rog.asus.com site uses addthis.com and scorecardresearch.com probably for advertising, but I did not allowed these domain here because I disallow cookie and javascript by default so it is possible that you got a warning about one of the addthis.com and scorecardresearch.com ads, they are usually displaying ads like fake Download buttons and this can be interpreted as malware

X-ROG
Level 15
We don't use any advertising networks. There are no ads run here.

X-ROG
Level 15
Found out we use addthis.com for the wordpress site sharing buttons only.

We've checked our site again and everything comes up clean, so as soon as you see it again please follow this instructions for IE:

F12 to enable developer options (at the bottom)
View --> Source --> Original.
File --> Save --> create html file.

Then please email that html file to rog_forum (at@) asus (dot.) com.

Then we can see what you're seeing to try to determine where it's coming from.

billrob
Level 7
Hey Richard. I received the error just now. However the F12 tools only show the IE hijacked warning page and doesn't show the original. I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks. When I return I'll use Fiddler and open F12 tools before hitting the site to try to capture the traffic for you.

This was the domain that it tried to this time.

zqruo.galace.in

I do suspect it is some javascript load after the page renders as the full page shows before windows defender takes it over.