cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DipAwayMode.exe has stopped working

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hi.

I keep getting this as a critical error in Action Center. I have tried a fresh install, deactivating away mode, as well as trying to re-install AI Suite III both from the disk, and by downloading the newest verision from the Asus site. I found it a bit strange though... there were 3 downloads of AI Suite III available, which all had the same version number, but were released over a period of months, so I just grabbed the latest one. As you can see, it's failing like every 2 mins sometimes - rubbish!

Please ignore P95 error - I get the dipawaymode.exe error on default settings as well. Windows Media player stopped responding as I had a BSOD at about this time. Every time I have a BSOD, I go into event viewer, and the only program to fault at the time of BSOD is DipAwayMode.exe. I believe it's also causing problems with P95, games etc.

Specs:

OS.: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Asus Rampage IV Black edition
i7 4930K
64GB Corsair Vengeancee Pro 2400C11R @ 2400MHz
Operating drive: RAIDR Express
GPU Poseidon Platinum GTX 780
Game Directory: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD's (RAID0)
PSU: Corsair AX1200i

I've had this board less than a month. I've heard lots of problems similar to this with AI Suite III. Can we please have a fix for this? I want to use AI Suite III; the program works fine otherwise, but this shouldn't be happening, especially on a Motherboard that cost over $600. I hope that the support for this board doesn't go out the window now that the Ramapage V is out...

If there is a fix, could you please instruct me on how to implement it? Having said that though, there should just be an update for AI Suite III that will correct this error.

I might just ask for a refund actually, this is really annoying. No updates to fix this, and after some research, I've discovered that people have been reporting it for ages, and perhaps now that the Rampage V/Maximus VII series boards are out, ASUS won't bother fixing it. Ok, i'm in a bit of a mood atm, but I'm starting to lose my love for this brand. I'm having a lot of other problems with ASUS products due to software, but i'm not reporting them here.

Please don't just reply with "Uninstall AI Suite and use something else". The point is, if you're asked to spend over $600 on anything, it should WORK! if it's buggy, it should be fixed. Again, sorry, but I just spent a LOT of money on this build on ROG parts, and other parts, and I'm not happy that I'm having so many errors with it.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Further Testing:

Ok, so I reinstalled Windows 8.1 AGAIN, this time installing only the drivers for all my hardware, and none of the software such as AI SUITE III - No moar problems.

Then, I decided to do a little test with Windows 7 Pro x64. I did the same thing initially - no problems. Then, I decided to roll the dice, and install AI Suite III etc - NO PROBLEMS W00T!!!!!!

So... Sorry to say it ASUS, but once again Microsoft has done something to cock things up in Windows 8/8.1, whereas they work fine in Windows 7, and you're going to have to produce updates to clean up the mess they've made in order for people to use your software with Windows 8.1.

I should have known that Windows 8.1 would be the underlying cause of all this. I've always said it was a bad OS which unfortunately has some nice features. Also, I'm running the same OC with the same voltages, and I'm seeing a 5-10°c reduction in core temps!

Microsoft have a lot of explaining to do imo. They say Windows 8/8.1 is a faster OS... well the install/updates of 7 took ages, but my iso is very old, so there were a lot of them to do. Now that it's all updated though... ZOMFGSOFAST!!! It's actually booting quicker than Windows 8.1 did on the same hardware. I'm running 7 in UEFI mode, just as I was 8.1 and it's just as good, if not better!

Still... As much as I hate to admit it, there are some aspects of Windows 8.1 that I have grown accustomed to. So, if ASUS caould please provide a fix for this issue in Windows 8.1, I'm sure many people, including myself would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks 🙂

erix_jansen
Level 7
HOLY CACA!

tHANK YOU! Never received warnings, but looking inside REliability center, i see I have TONS OF DAILY DIP AWAY WARNINGS!!

My PC works perfect, but ITSUCKS!