cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit where it's due

Pepperami
Level 7
Hey guys

Well for those that came across my posts, for the last few months I have had severe problems with my G750Jx and it's been returned to Asus's official repair centre no less than 4 times since May 2014 and in May it was less than 6 months old and had not had much use at all due to family commitments

It had the main board replaced twice and was doing all sorts of weird things until finally I'd had enough, blew my gasket, and told Asus to sort it out as it just wasn't on anymore

They arranged a collection and it went overseas on holiday 🙂

I received an email back around a week later telling me that yes its faulty but they cannot fix the problem and as a result they would replace the laptop free of charge

I must admit I was wondering whether the replacement would suffer the same sort of symptoms and did ask for a different model and considering the time it's been away I thought it a reasonable request but unfortunately they could not do this.

I received the unit back a couple of days ago, and to my amazement they send me an upgraded version of the JX with bigger Hard drives and an upgraded WLAN so I was extremely pleased!

It came packed in an Asus Laptop bag which again was a nice touch, and inside the bag was an Asus gaming mouse and a pair of 3D glasses!!!! MY LAPTOP IS NOW 3D!!!

I am extremely impressed to be honest. I was seriously doubting my choice of Laptop purchase a few weeks ago and couldn't see an end to the nightmare it had become, so, Thank you to you all at Asus who were involved with this epic tale, hats off to you, you pulled all the stops out for me and I am once again a very satisfied customer
4 REPLIES 4

hmscott
Level 12
Pepperami, unless you really want a 3D JX, I would put that up on ebay for bidding for big $$$ 🙂

There have been lots of people looking for one of those, they haven't been available for about a year now. And, due to Optimus requiring Intel output - and it not supporting greater than 60hz, those JX's might be the last 3D laptops ever made 🙂

Or, you could use it! 🙂

Cool!

Wow they are in demand huh?

What do you think they are worth?

Pepperami wrote:
Wow they are in demand huh?

What do you think they are worth?

Good question, I don't know, I haven't seen one for sale for a long time...ebay doesn't have any in their sold listings, I think their cache timeout is 90 days for sold listings.

Not an ebay maven, but I think you could list it for offers, and take them for a while and accept the highest one, or refuse them all.

I guess we should stop talking about it here, and don't ask for offers here either, as Asus doesn't allow for sale items in the forums, at least I have never seen any.

I wouldn't ask here mate I just wondered what it might be worth is all

Never tried 3D gaming might give Battlefield a go 🙂