cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G56JR - Replacing DVD Drive with SSD void warrenty?

iest96
Level 7
Asus G56JR-CN199H Laptop

Im thinking about buying this laptop and putting a SSD cady in the DVD drive so i can get faster boot up and keep League of Legends on it. If i do this will it void the warrenty? Also will this make the game run quicker? Also how hard would it be to replace the DVD drive with a SSD caddy? Im new to all this so don't really know much. Also will this laptop run LoL on medium or high settings good?

Getting the laptop form asus website
http://www.asuslaptop.co.uk/Asus_G56JR-CN199H_Laptop
4 REPLIES 4

Caastiel
Level 7
I didn't know you could replace the DVD drive for a storage drive. Interesting..
It can run LoL on max settings easy man.

iest96
Level 7
Im having trouble finding a decent place to buy it from at the moment. Not many UK shops sells it. Does anyone know of any other good laptops 15.6" screen for LoL/Uni? My budget is £780 max.

AngGuKueh
Level 7
The setting can go to max easily. The game can boot slightly faster..But for the game to run quicklier i afraid its not possible...its not fair to get 5 blow from you while we only attack you 1 with jus a blow

FerNZA
Level 7
I play Dota 2 on everything high, so LoL should also be fine. You won't void your warranty as far as I have read on this forum