cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RMA is garbage

Fenix787
Level 7
I was told by a customer service rep that the chipset on my Rampage IV Gene was replaced. Funny how the usb ports still fail to function in windows and the usb host controller driver install gives me "unkown error" when I try and install it. The same exact problem it had before I spent $15 and 2 weeks sending my MB to asus. I don't know what kind of testing you do before you claim you have "repaired" something, but its clearly lacking. Did they just open the package and say, well these USB ports look fine to me! I have spent over $5k on asus prodcuts over the past 3 years, but this computer will be the last. If you won't stand behind your products by investing in good customer service and repair facilities then I'll spend my money with a company that does.
14 REPLIES 14

meankeys
Level 13
Hi Fenix787 Welcome to the ROG

I feel your pain. Sometime things don't go as planned. I too sent a board in for repair and received the same board back with the same problem. It's not the company It's people. I am sure if you contact them and in a tactful manner express your situation they well make good on the board. Back to my RMA they ended up sending me what looked to be an open box return. The board worked great and I ended up with all the goodies that came with it. It was a MVE. I had to send my R4BE in for RMA. This time I did a cross ship that way I will get a different board for sure and hoping it will work and not have any problems 🙂 Good Luck

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Fenix787 wrote:
I was told by a customer service rep that the chipset on my Rampage IV Gene was replaced. Funny how the usb ports still fail to function in windows and the usb host controller driver install gives me "unkown error" when I try and install it. The same exact problem it had before I spent $15 and 2 weeks sending my MB to asus. I don't know what kind of testing you do before you claim you have "repaired" something, but its clearly lacking. Did they just open the package and say, well these USB ports look fine to me! I have spent over $5k on asus prodcuts over the past 3 years, but this computer will be the last. If you won't stand behind your products by investing in good customer service and repair facilities then I'll spend my money with a company that does.

Fenix787, sorry to hear that repair didn't go better.

If you are in the U.S., consider checking with Jolene at cl-jolene@asus.com as mentioned in the thread below to see if she can help confirm what was repaired and provide more options to resolve this (please send her your RMA number with a short description of the problem). If you haven't checked with ASUS support again, that's another idea, but you may want to check with Jolene as well.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4804-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide&country=&status=

Anyway, I may have the wrong RMA, but I tried searching our system and was able to find an RMA under your name for the RAMPAGE IV GENE motherboard around 9/9/14 which appears to show the chipset was replaced if I'm reading it correctly (did you receive some paperwork back with the motherboard?). I'm more of a notebook person than motherboard person though, so you may want to look into this more with Jolene or ASUS support if necessary.

Just wanted to pass this along in case you want to try to troubleshoot more with others to see if they can somehow help you fix this (sorry, I have no idea if it's possible) without going through the RMA process more.

Hope this is able to help.

cl-Albert wrote:
Fenix787, sorry to hear that repair didn't go better.

If you are in the U.S., consider checking with Jolene at cl-jolene@asus.com as mentioned in the thread below to see if she can help confirm what was repaired and provide more options to resolve this (please send her your RMA number with a short description of the problem). If you haven't checked with ASUS support again, that's another idea, but you may want to check with Jolene as well.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4804-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide&country=&status=

Anyway, I may have the wrong RMA, but I tried searching our system and was able to find an RMA under your name for the RAMPAGE IV GENE motherboard around 9/9/14 which appears to show the chipset was replaced if I'm reading it correctly (did you receive some paperwork back with the motherboard?). I'm more of a notebook person than motherboard person though, so you may want to look into this more with Jolene or ASUS support if necessary.

Just wanted to pass this along in case you want to try to troubleshoot more with others to see if they can somehow help you fix this (sorry, I have no idea if it's possible) without going through the RMA process more.

Hope this is able to help.

Few weeks ago,the pcie #1 slot died on my maximus vi hero,got my rma information ,after series (with online tech support) of tests proved the board wrong.I did send it with all wanted information and wrapped it up like if it was a baby.4-5 days after the day they received it ,i got a email telling me that there was couple of scratches on it and for that reason they won't warranty the board.They asked me $150 in order to get a new one.I was ASUS addicted for over a decade but that move got me sour .Yes their service is bad,there is other names out there who sell good stuff and will get my next mobo from them if ASUS don't give me satisfaction.

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Fenix787 wrote:

I'm in the same situation :mad: The USB controller was dead and one of the i-ROG chips had issues from time to time, then I sent in my motherboard. After one month Asus can't even tell where my motherbaord is or what the RMA process status is. :rolleyes:
They will never improve their system because they don't have to, because you can't do anything against them as a customer :mad:
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |
Laptop: Samsung 940X3G | i7-4500U | 8Gb RAM | 256Gb SSD | 13.3" 3200x1800 |

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Nicely done mods, magically you let disappear posts. I didn't know Asus ROG forum is censored for posts, which describe how bad your company behaves in terms of service.
Desktop: Xigmatek Elysium | Rampage IV Extreme | i7-3960X | G.Skill 32Gb DDR3 2133Mhz|fastest Asus MarsII on the planet:cool: core 950Mhz| Kingston HyperX SSD 240Gb + 300Gb Intel 300series SSD + Velociraptor 600Gb + 3TB HDD | Enermax Maxrevo 1500W| 3xDell U2412m |

ConkersGrillfor
Level 9
Keep deleting, I keep posting...RMA day 34...Asus RMA service still unable to explain the RMA status of my RIVE.

sk2play
Level 13
Sorry to hear this Switz comrade. The RMA with ASUS is a good EX in the USA when you need it (rarely)
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

Lexinious
Level 7
Fenix787 wrote:

Hey man... if your in the US, then call them back and have one "Cross shipped" to ya! That way you know you have a different board and most likely new on top of that... They offer this service I know, I've had a few done this way with the CHV-Formula but turned out in that case, it was the asmedia drivers in which you may want to check as well... The Crosshair V Formula-Z was a faulty board. Again, they offer this service and do stand behind there products!

Hope this helps!

Xenocrates
Level 7
I used ASUS RMA myself to get the board in my system. One chat with customer support, and they went 'yeah, that's an issue, RMA that'. the guy at the RMA department was quite good, although i myself ****ed up a few times filling out the RMA forms. I got a board from them, brand new, because i selected cross-ship, since i was not fond of the idea of having to wait for it to be repaired. It worked fine. From what it sounds like, cross-ship and replacing the board, rather than repairing it, is the way to go. But seriously, props to Terrie, or whoever is actually behind the RMA email, not only for what they do, but for being good to me when i ****ed up. I've a friend who got an RMA when they overclocked the piss out of their board, and blew a hole in it with the CPU. But both of us are Americans, so i suppose the RMA in other area's may be slightly lacking. But i find if you are polite, and own up to anything that might have ****ed it up, they do right by you.