cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G550JK Battery not Charging at 96%, normal?

NewToRoG
Level 7
So i bought the G550JK recently less then a month ago, and don't get me wrong i love it, haha my first gaming laptop and first RoG asus one however today i checked my battery and it said Plugged in, not charging so i googled all the answers, Aka Device manager uninstall then reinstalling turning it off and on checking the AC taking off the AC and no matter what its stuck at 96% if i unplug it it'll just drop but when i plug it back it stays at that percentage any help? not sure if the battery is removable or not.

Thanks alot
3 REPLIES 3

FalconFX
Level 7
I guess its normal, as when the battery is nearly charged, its stops and starts going down, and when it reaches 94% or something its starts recharging, so to be sure, use your laptop on battery until its hits 50% or so, and re-plug it and see if it starts recharging, most likely it will 🙂

Alright i'll drop it down to 50% and hopefully it'll work 🙂 thanks ill keep the thread updated if anything else.

FalconFX
Level 7
I have the same thing on my g750jh, its says not charging when its at 94-95-96-97-98%, but when i use the battery and then replug it, it starts back charging 😄