cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

formula VII z97 Lights/power issue

15mido
Level 7
when i turn off computer the ROG logo and the Graphics card and CPU block are still lit up with lights. The only way that i'm able to shut them off is by power down the psu. is this a defect of the motherboard or its a setting that has to be turned off. Also not sure if the will degrade my components in my pc.....
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hello T5mido and welcome to the ROG forum.

please list your hardware and the operating system you are using, this can help us help you better.

15mido
Level 7
im i7 4970k @4.6GHz on a Maximus VII formula with 16GB (2400MHz) Gskull memory and ASUS MARS II. Iam cooling it with a Kraken X61 and Im using corsair psu txm 800W PSU~ lots of hard drives and SSD ( about 10 of them)

15mido
Level 7
windows 8.1 pro

Nate152
Thank you

I'm wondering if your pc is going into one of the sleep states instead of shutting down. Try disabling sleep.

Since you are using windows 8.1, try disabling hybrid boot.

Does this help?

Nate152
Actually this is normal, the light on the water block of my antec kuhler 920 stays on when I shut it down. Do not change anything, I think your pc is fine.

15mido
Level 7
I have disabled disabling hybrid boot as well sleep and hibernate but it seem to turn off the Graphics card's power but not the Motherboard or the cpu block on the Kraken. The motherboard Lights "republic of gamer"keep on pulsating and the power and rest button on the motherboard are on also the cpu disgusting coding is on......

15mido
Level 7
nvr mind on the diagnostic coding area its turned off when turn off the computer. But again the motherboard ROG is pulsating and the onboard Power and rest are always on...

DonWuLFF
Level 7
I think that is normal. Unless you set to power saving setting/mode in the bios,it will not lit up the ROG logo.
For the CPU block,I'm not sure, 😄

BigSteve
Level 7
Normal, I thought my mobo had some kind of defect / issue just like you suspected. I had my case open last night cause I was installing my new ram cooler, I powered down my rig and the Republic Of Gamers logo in the middle of the board was pulsating and my power reset / buttons were lit up as well. I knew the pwr and reset buttons were supposed to be lit because my last ROG mobo did the same thing, but as far as the ROG logo fading in and out made me paranoid.