cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Rampage IV Extreme Infinite reboot, debug error 00 + inf. reboot again.

Ekptwtos
Level 7
Hello guys and girls,

First of, this is my first actual build from scratch. (I have assembled a mobo in the past, but not with so high end products.)
Anyway, i built the pc inside my desk motherboard lies on standoffs screwed in the wood and im certain that nothing is causing a short circuit, checked the watercooling loop by jumping the psu and it worked fine. When i put all of the parts 2gether and tried to boot the motherboard, it stuck in an endless loop by powering on for half a second and then off again. I searched a bit and tried a couple of things when i got frustrated and left it as it was (PSU was connected on a power strip connected on another power strip...). Next day I disconnected the psu from the second power strip coz i moved the desk closer to the 1st one. Then all of a sudden it booted normally. Well not exactly normally, it had no signal and the debug error 00 and cpu red led on. So i decided to see if the cpu was connected normally which i had no doubt that it was. But hey, whats the problem in double checking right? When i was positive it was set correct and tried to boot the system again but got stuck in the endless loop again..

So my components are :
1 rampage iv extreme
2 i7 4930k
3 4x8gb dominator platinum 2133
4 cooler master silent pro hybrid 1300w
5 evga classified gtx 770 4 gb

I tried booting with 1 ram at a time and checked them all, nothing happened. I tried updating the bios via flashback, still nothing.
I tried booting it with nothing but the cpu and still nothing. I tried resetting the cmos by removing the bat and again nothing! I am quite at a dead end.

[edit] i took out the psu and tried it directly on the power plag, still the same problem. also i noticed that the psu fan does not start to spin while the mobo tries to boot. The fan does not spin at all when i try the waterloop as well.
[edit 2] tried to boot it up with an older psu but still no luck. It had much less power tho.
Nope its definitely not the psu! checked it through the fan controler / this psu when set to auto does not turn on fan unless it reaches 200v or 50 degrees.

Any help appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

twisted1
Level 12
Have you updated your motherboard with the latest bios? If it has an old bios it might not support your cpu.

yes yes.. i did everything. changed the battery , updated bios, tried with different ram sticks , just the cpu, switched off the ln2 and things i cant remember now. I just sent the mobo back and now I will test the new one they sent me 🙂 hopefully ( fingers crossed ) it works...

Any luck with yours? Mine now powers on but BOOT DEVICE led stays on and no signal again debug code 0U (I presume its 00 but one of the debug leds is faulty)

twisted1
Level 12
My rive died exactly that way, just sits at code 00 .

Got a new rivebe today though, so I hope that one works better

twisted1
Level 12
Got the RIVEBE, same thing code 00. I suspect that the cpu is dead. Really wierd though as I wasn't pushing for high oc or nothing when it happened.

Really like the RIVEBE though, the build quality seems better compared to the RIVE.

the_avenger
Level 7
well i just installed a 4960x in a rive and it was stuck at 00 on the debug led , i used flashback bios for asus and now every thing is normal ,
are u sure u did a proper flashback on the bios

the_avenger
Level 7
well i just installed a 4960x in a rive and it was stuck at 00 on the debug led , i used flashback bios for asus and now every thing is normal ,
are u sure u did a proper flashback on the bios

Ekptwtos
Level 7
it was a DOA cpu as well.. switched to 3930k and works fine now.. everything booted up installed and backed up! Thanks a lot guys..