cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX A1 Nvidia Contol Panel not showing Stereoscopic 3D

xman
Level 7
After downloading numerous drivers from both Asus' website and Nvidia's website, the Nvidia 3D Vision/Stereoscopic 3D will not activate in the Nvidia Control Panel. I cannot even get it to appear in the Nvidia Control Panel. It is clearly advertised on Asus' website that this computer is 3D compatible.

I am using a recently purchased Asus G74SX-A1 containing a Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 560M graphics card, which is supposed to be perfectly capable of running the Nvidia 3D Vision technology.

Please advise on how to activate the Nvidia 3D Vision technology.

And is possible to upgrading screen to 1920x1080 didplay from Asus with out voiding the warranty.

Is the Ir Emitter build in on this model?
13 REPLIES 13

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Download the drivers from Nvidia both 266.66 graphic driver and 3D vision controller and install them 🙂 Then the Stereoscopic 3D will show up if I'm not wrong 😉

Then go to Nvidia Control Panel as you already have done before, Stereoscopic 3D will show up and activate. A installation program shall start and then follow the instructions 🙂

I'm looking at the spesification to the notebook, and of what I can read, you should have 1920 x 1080?...
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

xman
Level 7
I did that and still didn't work, thanks for the help.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, did you do a clean install ? Swipe all the nvidia drivers from your computer and then installed the version 266.66 ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

xman
Level 7
yes

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm... could it be because it's not full HD then ? Since your asking if there is a built in IR Emitter, it's easy to recognize this.

Look up at you webcam and see if it's a triangle or trapeze shaped form. If it's trapeze shaped and it stand's 3D in it, it's definetly a 3D model.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

xman
Level 7
no trapeze shaped on the screen only run at 1600 x 900 but if you out put it to a 3D tv specs say it will work but I don/t know how if the steroscopic 3D no show in control panel.

xman
Level 7
Asus should have used a 1980 x 1080 screen on this model, you can buy a new screen from laptopscreens.com for 115.00 and then it will work.

When you bought this were you under the impression it was 1920x1080? Many people here bought the same model that you got, but it was advertised as having 1920x1080 so they complained and got the better model. (don't know if they had to pay additional, though)

I would raise holy hell until they satisfied my expectations. This isn't really Asus fault, either. It's totally up to the retailer to advertise the correct specifications.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

PILGRIM
Level 11
xman wrote:
After downloading numerous drivers from both Asus' website and Nvidia's website, the Nvidia 3D Vision/Stereoscopic 3D will not activate in the Nvidia Control Panel. I cannot even get it to appear in the Nvidia Control Panel. It is clearly advertised on Asus' website that this computer is 3D compatible.

I am using a recently purchased Asus G74SX-A1 containing a Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 560M graphics card, which is supposed to be perfectly capable of running the Nvidia 3D Vision technology.

Please advise on how to activate the Nvidia 3D Vision technology.

And is possible to upgrading screen to 1920x1080 didplay from Asus with out voiding the warranty.

Is the Ir Emitter build in on this model?

Hi xman.

I think the G74SX-A1 is not a 3D laptop.. But you can watch 3D though, by connecting your HDMI to a 3D-ready TV or monitor.

As far as I know, the only 17'' ASUS G74 3D laptops in the market at the moment are the G74SX-3DE (I've got one of them) and the newer G74SX-DH73-3D.

The built-in emitter on my G74SX-3DE is found on top of the screen, on the left of the camera, and has a 3D logo that is barely visible on it.
ASUS G74SX-3DE